Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have any tricks to get the big ones (12 to 16 inches) to bite.seen quite a few today.some days they hammer it and others they seem to be in slow motion.has anybody ever tried crawlers through the ice?im thinkin medusa ball.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Spear or use a jigging rapala, They will work on bigger ones sometimes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 8 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Spear or use a jigging rapala, They will work on bigger ones sometimes.

thanks for the tip....bought a new glow firetiger jigging rap and tipped it with a red jensen egg and came home today with 15 fat ones biggest was 12" had a huge one on and lost it at the hole had to be 16" and had a side on it that was wider than my hand.all at cotton rd area way out...... pretty good ice 6-8" and nice and clear water they were spotty but i got some

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE(misterperch @ Jan 7 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>does anybody have any tricks to get the big ones (12 to 16 inches) to bite.seen quite a few today.some days they hammer it and others they seem to be in slow motion.has anybody ever tried crawlers through the ice?im thinkin medusa ball.

red #8 hook, GID bead on line, small split 1 inch above the hook (bead in between)

tip with lively wiggler....

when the hogs come in and wont bite....LAY IT DOWN....they will move in on it in a trance like state and will suck that wiggler up like youve never seen

you will usually only get one crack at them...as soon as you see their mouth flare, HIT EM.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
QUOTE(misterperch @ Jan 8 2010, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 8 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Spear or use a jigging rapala, They will work on bigger ones sometimes.

thanks for the tip....bought a new glow firetiger jigging rap and tipped it with a red jensen egg and came home today with 15 fat ones biggest was 12" had a huge one on and lost it at the hole had to be 16" and had a side on it that was wider than my hand.all at cotton rd area way out...... pretty good ice 6-8" and nice and clear water they were spotty but i got some

WHEN YOU WERE TIPPING THE RAP WITH THE RED EGGS, WHAT HOOK WERE YOU TIPPING WITH THE JENSON EGGS? WAS IT JUST ONE HOK/ ONE EGG OR MORE???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(iggy @ Jan 9 2010, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(misterperch @ Jan 8 2010, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 8 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Spear or use a jigging rapala, They will work on bigger ones sometimes.

WHEN YOU WERE TIPPING THE RAP WITH THE RED EGGS, WHAT HOOK WERE YOU TIPPING WITH THE JENSON EGGS? WAS IT JUST ONE HOK/ ONE EGG OR MORE???

i had one on the nose and on the bottom hook they seemed to hit the one on the bottom more that the nose when they were looking at it i would jig just ever so slightly to get the bottom bead to sway side to side.when they would start coming closer i stopped it and let em hit it then set the hook real hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts