Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm spending more time at the gym, (im)patiently waiting for the payoff.

I quit smoking, but still struggling.

I've decided to put some of my free time to good use and volunteer at a shelter for girls.

i'm in recovery for sex addicts

just kidding on the last statement...that would NOT be an improvement

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
I realized that I was starting to lose my
NINJA
sharp edge and lightning reaction speed,
so I started watching Richard Simmon's "Sweating to the Oldies" every morning.

I am NINJA...watch me sweat

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I need to get into better shape-

learn to speak up more when things are bothering me-

I have BIG social phobias- need to work thru those
( can stay home alone anytime....but can't go places alone)

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
good for you Julie!!

good luck with everything and congratulations on quitting smoking.

most important is to be happy with who you are inside, and the gym and volunteer efforts will just add to sleeping peacefully at night knowing you are the best possible you that you can be.

Rock On!!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Apr 1 2004, 12:11 PM)I need to get into better shape-

learn to speak up more when things are bothering me-

I have BIG social phobias- need to work thru those
( can stay home alone anytime....but can't go places alone)
Good for you if you want a work-out partner let me know you can work out with me for free let me know when you are free. How was your trip?

I was affraid to go out alone until one day I just did it I had the best time ever. Since then I've done it at least 4-5 more times and had a good time each time.
You have a couple drinks start up a conversation with the person next to you then they introduce you to the people that they are with next thing you know you made some new friends.

The last time that I did that I met at least 10-15 people and went to a huge party after the bar and met a few more people.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i have learned i needed to:
1- become a little more dependant on others; i tend to try to do everything myself.
2- watch the temper, and it's getting better.

but i'm super happy with the person i am when i go to bed at night. keep up the good work, julie!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Some things that I've learned I needed to do:

Think before I blurt out (or type!) something that might be hurtful or make someone angry.

Truly listen to what others have to say.

Slow down. Life is too short anyway. Enjoy the moment, you'd be suprised how long a moment can last!

I take my time getting to know people, and that forces them to do the same with me. You end up getting to know each other a whole lot better.

Setting goals, and making plans to achieve them.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Apr 1 2004, 05:31 PM)I take my time getting to know people, and that forces them to do the same with me. You end up getting to know each other a whole lot better.
speaking of getting to know ya... are we on for cinco de mayo at el charros again, dy? that's the second time i met ya... or was it the first?
THAT was a FUN freaking time!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
OMG, has it been almost a year already?!?! Sure!!

Uh, I think the 1st! Yep, I remember, the you're the very 1st LSCNer I met!

What a nice day that was, too! Who else was there? Let's see: TopGun, John Maniaci? I think I missed Shandog?

Defintiely a GREAT time.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUIT WORRYING ABOUT STUPID STUFF ALL THE TIME BECAUSE , PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING HAS TURNED OUT OK.

STAY AWAY FROM TELLWAYS SO MY PANTS WILL FIT..

ORGANIZE MY FREE TIME A LITTLE BETTER TO COMPLETE PROJECTS.

dONT BE SO NITT PICKY ABOUT THINGS BEING CLEAN.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
I need to be better at the "calling" thing...with my friends.

I talk to people ALL DAY LONG for business and sometimes I just don't feel like talking so I don't return calls or call when I say that I will.

Like CK, I need to be more DEpendent on others and admit that sometimes I CAN'T do everything by myself. I need to learn to ask for help and stop being too proud to reach out...

I need to learn to relax, too. I've been told I have two speeds - FAST and CRASHED.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Apr 1 2004, 08:36 PM)I talk to people ALL DAY LONG for business and sometimes I just don't feel like talking so I don't return calls or call when I say that I will.

exactly, laney!!! i feel the same way! at events i have to be smiley, happy peppy hostess girl, and when i can stop i just want to 'be' you know? sometimes people take that for stuck up or aloof, but it's not... i'm just beat!

but i have learned that the true friends, the real friends, know that about me and accept it. hell, the really good ones always send me a shot of tequila (and know when NOT to send one) ! LOL!

DY, top gun was there too! rerun showed.... that rainstorm... what a fun time!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I'm slowly learning....

To trust without suspicions, to accept gifts and compliments with an open heart and mind. To accept people for who and what they are, without the illusion of false expectations or presumptuous judgment

How to express emotions without playing those silly head games that many of us seem to play. To share feelings openly, no guessing about what's in your heart or on your mind...to wear my heart on my sleeve and keep my mind an open book.

I've mastered....

How to laugh - at life, at our peculiar circumstances, at ourselves - with pure, simple joy

and I wish more people would learn how to...

Get lost in play. No matter how old you are, there is still a little child inside, waiting to explore the world, to be silly, to be held close, to be loved

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I need to learn to take more chances when it comes to going after things that I want.

I love helping out my friends and family but I need to learn to say NO once and a while and get some stuff done for myself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts