Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a junkie to tanning beds and to laying out in the sun...Trying to get away from it now as I'm getting up there in years (birthday is soon) anyhow...Just wondering if any of you have tried any sunless tanning products and if you liked the results from them? I'm mostly concerned about keeping a nice glow to my face...

Any input is appreciated

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Talk to my wife. She's tried a few since she had the spot of melonoma removed and is afraid to go tanning anymore.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Neutrogena self tanning foam with bronzer is nice.
Also, that Mystic Tan turns out really good, it's like $20 a pop though. I will have it done for special occasions.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Aug 5 2003, 07:43 AM)Neutrogena self tanning foam with bronzer is nice.
Also, that Mystic Tan turns out really good, it's like $20 a pop though. I will have it done for special occasions.
How long does that last?
Does it leave streaks ?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
If you want to go for the bronze look, which is best, on the more affordable side Neutrogena Bronze self tanners work good, I suggest the foam. The lotion is hard to spread because it is thicker. They also have one that isn't a bronzer, but I don't like it. You will have to pick up two different bottles one for the face and one for the body. It will cost you about $8.00 per bottle.

Also, on the more expensive side Estee Lauder and Clinique have good Bronze self tanners at Marshall Fields.

Not to preach after my scary ordeal, BUT one twenty minute session in a tanning bed is equivalant to a whole day at the beach and soaking up cancer rays.....I love a tan too, but it is surely not worth it. Melanoma has no cure if it has spread into your body...Good decision on the self tanners, I think you will like them! I will stop my preaching now.....Even though I don't want to....

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i am the self tanning master! i've been using them since i cheered for the drive in 92.

i LOVE neutrogenas self tanners. i use the regular cream in 'deep'. works great, REALLY great. i don't like using the ones with bronzers or that say 'with tint so you can see where it goes.' it's bs, and it always freaks me out.

always start at your toes, tho, and work up. i put 2 coats on my face sometimes. when doing your hands (do them last), wash them first dry well, then use a washcloth to apply it to the back of your hands using just your index finger in the cloth. sounds hard,but it isn't.

that mystic tan (the spray on tan at salons) is cool, but i don't think it's worth the $40 an application. you can get the same results from an $8 bottle of neutrogena. the only upside is you get your back done. of course, i have done it before a couple times for events (if you liked my tan at my party, it's a mystic tan!
)

and the #1 key: RUB IT IN REAL WELL!!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(MaryJane @ Aug 5 2003, 07:45 AM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Aug 5 2003, 07:43 AM) Neutrogena self tanning foam with bronzer is nice.
How long does that last?
Does it leave streaks ?
If you put the Neutrogena foam on moderately and make sure you spread it around pretty evenly it won't leave streaks. I haven't had a problem with it at all. The bronzer lasts until you shower, but the self tanner lasts maybe 5 days or so. Same with Mystic tan.

The mystic tan is at certain tanning places. It's like going to a car wash, the machine sprays your body with self tanner and bronzer. There are no streaks whatsoever. I really like it. They have it at Metro Tanning on Jefferson and Shook and also at Total Tan on Harper south of 15. I am sure more salons have it, those are just the 2 I know.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
hee hee! our beauty secrets revealed!! lol! we're a bunch of self tanning gurus! i know firecracker uses it, too! looks great on her.

i've been to the mystic tan at Total Tan on Harper, also closer to you, mj, at tropical tan in chesterfield (gratiot/21). works great.

the bronzer just freaks me out. i've put in on at night and woke up in the morning looking kinda like i'm black (think ted danson making his skin brown for that joke on whoopie goldberg). i've been freaked out ever since. but that's just me.

stick with neutrogena; they're awesome. i've used ALL the brands, and that's the best. i 've even tried the polo one for guys...it smells like the cologne..ick on a girl! lol!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I just tried the Bain Soiel (spelling??) self tanner foam with the bronzer, no streaking formula. I put it on when I got out of the shower like I would with regular lotion and it dried in less than five minutes. I did not try it on my face though ( I was nervous). I like the Lancome face self tanner from Marshall Fields, it works great.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I've used many different self tanners. I dont like the way they smell, or the fact that they start peeling off after a day, it makes my skin look blochy. It is better than sun tanning. I just made an appointment at my dermatoligist b/c of a funny looking mole . I hope its ok

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
you'll be aok, amy!
i'll send some positive thoughts your way!

self tanners rock!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
scrub/loofa the dead skin off before applying and self-tanner, it will help even the application

i sound so gay......

when amy competed in fitness competition we used a product that bodybuilders use, i forget the name, but she got butt nekkid and i painted it on her with a brush, it was fun, it was like staining a deck

there, back to hetero again

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
lmao deuce!! lol!! way to defend your masculinity! lol!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input!! I think i'm going to head out to the store and pick one up. I'll let you know how it turns out. !!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ Aug 5 2003, 09:31 AM)scrub/loofa the dead skin off before applying and self-tanner, it will help even the application

i sound so gay......

when amy competed in fitness competition we used a product that bodybuilders use, i forget the name, but she got butt nekkid and i painted it on her with a brush, it was fun, it was like staining a deck

there, back to hetero again
Sounds like Karate Kid training.
"Now show me sand da floor!"

Just don't wax off please.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK i should've taken before photos..LOL

I bought the Bain de Soleil streakguarde in DEEP DARK. I read on epinions.com that it's pretty legit. So i applied it carefully to my face. We will see what happens next...

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(MaryJane @ Aug 5 2003, 12:54 PM)OK i should've taken before photos..LOL

I bought the Bain de Soleil streakguarde in DEEP DARK. I read on epinions.com that it's pretty legit. So i applied it carefully to my face. We will see what happens next...

You should have applied it somewhere that noone would see, like your butt. Oh nevermind!!!
LOL

·
Registered
481 Posts
my wife's tried a ton of them and they all look fake. just make sure ya wear latex gloves when ya apply the stuff or it'll dye your hands.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts