Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at Anglers Point around 7:00 this morning and dropped off some food and got my free scoop of minnows too. I have to say give the biggest scoops of minnows I've ever seen. For what I got for $3 I actually felt bad because it was just too much. Next time I'll drop off some food but won't take the extra minnows. That's a great, clean little bait shop and should do well. Anyway, I went out with my uncle and his friend. Right away we got into a few. They kept more than I did because they have a very liberal definition of a keeper. Most of their fish were just too small for me. I can;t stand cleaning the little guys. We fished all around from 7:30-6:00. They each took home about 25 while I only took 9. Nothing in particular seemed to work better than anything else. Minnows, spikes, waxies, spoons, jiggin raps, they all worked. The big ones still have lockjaw. Good luck to anyone going out.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Good report. I stopped in to anglers point in December for the first time
and Liked it too, clean shop, and pretty good selection.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice report - better than my day -
Cant agree more about Anglers Point

Lets keep at em next time there might be a bucket of em for us

QUOTE(icefishermanmark12 @ Jan 18 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Stopped at Anglers Point around 7:00 this morning and dropped off some food and got my free scoop of minnows too. I have to say give the biggest scoops of minnows I've ever seen. For what I got for $3 I actually felt bad because it was just too much. Next time I'll drop off some food but won't take the extra minnows. That's a great, clean little bait shop and should do well. Anyway, I went out with my uncle and his friend. Right away we got into a few. They kept more than I did because they have a very liberal definition of a keeper. Most of their fish were just too small for me. I can;t stand cleaning the little guys. We fished all around from 7:30-6:00. They each took home about 25 while I only took 9. Nothing in particular seemed to work better than anything else. Minnows, spikes, waxies, spoons, jiggin raps, they all worked. The big ones still have lockjaw. Good luck to anyone going out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts