Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a rare opportunity to do some LSC fishing during the week (I was schmoozing some clients....It beats the heck out of golfing....especially in February). We did pretty good catching some good sized perch. Most were hitting minnows. I have to try to remember to be a little more prepared because I saw a monster walleye come through. I always keep a spare, third pole in case. I'm going to have to start rigging it for walleye. Then when I see one I can take one of my perch poles out of the water and switch it with my walleye pole. On Saturday there was much more noise on the ice and we didn't see nearly as many perch. I did catch a decent sized mud-puppy and I'm happy to report that he went back in and swam off un-harmed. We did have a semi-ugly moment though. Some idiot was out on his quad doing donuts right by our shanty. It seemed that every time he started doing them the fish went away...gee. Well, one of my buddies flipped him off a couple of times and another came out and had to have a "talk" with him. The latter friend has a bit of a temper and I thought that it was going to get real ugly but the donut king was shortly gone and we didn't see him again all day. Did anyone else see this clown on Saturday?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not sure if I have seen the same clown but there are plenty of them out there.

Do they think that the fish like all that noise!

Its a shame because when I go during the week the fish are everywhere and when I take my little brother on the weekends we usually end up working way to hard for minimal catches.

Maybe he'll have to be sick one day this week and stay home from school! Wink! Wink!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I have encountered the same problem especially on the weekends. I went out Sunday and every time a snowmobile drove by the fish scattered. They cost me some big ones. The snowmobiles were at least 100 yards away and the water in my hole would start shaking when they zipped by. I would think it is going to get worse now that there is snow on the ice. There will probably be a lot more snowmobile riders on the ice next weekend. The noise from gas augers, quads and trucks/cars also scare away the fish. You get a lot of noise from ice fishermen who are driving to and from their spots. I usually stay out an hour later then most fishermen and when people pass by to get back in the fish scatter. I haven’t really challenged anyone making excessive noise; I figure they have the right to be there just as much as I do even though they annoy the hell out of me. We probably piss them off too by being in their way. It’s funny though I have talked to avid snowmobile riders at work and up north and they don’t think they make that much noise. The key is to find a spot where there is large fish, not a lot of other fisherman and no noise from joy riders or other fishermen passing by. Good luck finding it and if you do let me know where this Shan gala is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts