Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
OK, who's house can we see this good from??

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Gates Open:
8:00 AM to 2:30 PM Daily
Flying Begins: 10:00 AM
Ends: 4:30 PM
are they going to be flying both days? or just the one ,? i may have missed it , but dont think it said anything about it .

·
Registered
206 Posts
They'll be flying both days as it stands now....but I suspect will depend on the weather to some extent.

Saturday the Thunderbirds fly a couple of hours earlier than the Friday show, if memory serves.

Dave

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 8 2003, 07:34 AM)OK, who's house can we see this good from??
The Wiz lives right next to it. Waterlogged is on the other side of the base. Probably a few others as well. Not speaking for them about having people hang there and watch though.

I'm looking forward to going, my son can't wait!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Both days for the t-birds and they say it is on the longer show than most at 40 minutes or so. The Red Barrin team was at Traverse City last weekend and they were on for about 15 minuts. They are planned to be here as well.

Should be a great show. Hope they also bring in the A-10's as well. That plane can fly so SLOW when they want to.

G

·
We'd anchor just off the base, kind of straight north of Macray Harbor. I think Strawberry would be too far away. I'm not sure if there are anchoring restrictions now, but if there is, I'm sure the coast guard and sherriff will be out patrolling the area. I'd suggest getting fairly close for the best view.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the Thunderbirds are the last "act " of the afternoon . They generally crank engines about 3- 3:15 pm . Their portion lasts about 33-40 minutes. That is on fri & sat. The friday show is an abbreviated show mostly for their own orientation of the land , show line , turning restrictions , noise abatement , etc . & is usually not open to the public . ( only VIP's , Employees , families , etc ).
On the north side , best view is from area between Macraes & DNR N. Of base . On the south side , on the Clinton west of bridgeview , tho its anyones guess if they let u hang out there . Be prepared to put your fingers in your ears tho as you count the rivets when one of their F-16's comes right down your throat......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts