Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually everyone posts negatives on launchs...but my Bass Club had a tournament out of Selfridge today and the Launch was more than maxed out...Things seemed to be running super smooth during the hour or so that I was there...(between 2 and 3)...It pretty much seemed like everyone had it figured out today...Probably a big part of it was the active participation by the DNR guy...

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
Good deal man. Good to hear. The launch at Harley Ensign has been pretty good so far for us. Of course we have the small jet boat and are in and out very quickly most the time.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jul 20 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Usually everyone posts negatives on launchs...but my Bass Club had a tournament out of Selfridge today and the Launch was more than maxed out...Things seemed to be running super smooth during the hour or so that I was there...(between 2 and 3)...It pretty much seemed like everyone had it figured out today...Probably a big part of it was the active participation by the DNR guy...
Was he using a whistle? Seems to get everyones attention. Worked good for jobbie at Selfridge ramp.
I did feel bad for the guy all loaded ready to go in a sweet go fast and he had to pull it to get a water pump installed.

·
Registered
22,942 Posts
QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jul 20 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Usually everyone posts negatives on launchs...but my Bass Club had a tournament out of Selfridge today and the Launch was more than maxed out...Things seemed to be running super smooth during the hour or so that I was there...(between 2 and 3)...It pretty much seemed like everyone had it figured out today...Probably a big part of it was the active participation by the DNR guy...
Proof the ramp doesn't have to be chaos!

·
Registered
552 Posts
If I recall they have a fair number of slips which makes things go better. However for us we could not launch there (several years ago) the ramp seemed sort of steep with a quick drop off, or a short ramp, can't remember but anyway our trailer kept scraping, and hitting bottom, even when backing a little bit sidways. We had to leave and go to Metro. I also wish the Dnr and the Metro Parks and anyone else would have at least a couple of extra long docks, it seems like they have nothing longer than about 15'-20'. boats are getting much longer, so it would be nice if they caught up.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
QUOTE(Ms PatriYacht @ Jul 20 2009, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If I recall they have a fair number of slips which makes things go better. However for us we could not launch there (several years ago) the ramp seemed sort of steep with a quick drop off, or a short ramp, can't remember but anyway our trailer kept scraping, and hitting bottom, even when backing a little bit sidways. We had to leave and go to Metro. I also wish the Dnr and the Metro Parks and anyone else would have at least a couple of extra long docks, it seems like they have nothing longer than about 15'-20'. boats are getting much longer, so it would be nice if they caught up.

Good point.

For our trailer to get under the boat the transom has to hang four feet past the dock.

I see a lot of scrape marks were the ramp starts down, ours only clears by about 1 inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.