Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
that definitely helps the other thread I posted about spotting the differences between pike and musky. You can definitely make out the patterns and coloration on your picture. I'm sure it was even better looking at it live and in person. Great pic.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Nice photo. Muskie have a brown back and Pike are darker and Green backed. Can't tell how big that fish was but great to see them no matter what size they are. Bob

Old photo of a Pike.

·
Registered
430 Posts
QUOTE(tailgunner @ Feb 2 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(the curl @ Feb 2 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>were you over by the barracks? those are some nice weeds

No i was almost out in front of Anglers point and a little north. there is a nice weed bed out there that runs toward cotton rd. Bob

how far from shore is it? i havnt fished selfridge at all this year and this weed bed sounds good.

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(the curl @ Feb 2 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tailgunner @ Feb 2 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(the curl @ Feb 2 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>were you over by the barracks? those are some nice weeds

No i was almost out in front of Anglers point and a little north. there is a nice weed bed out there that runs toward cotton rd. Bob

how far from shore is it? i havnt fished selfridge at all this year and this weed bed sounds good.

If you get out before it snows you can see through the ice. I was out there Sunday and you could walk around and see the weed beds through the ice.

·
Registered
430 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Feb 2 2010, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(the curl @ Feb 2 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tailgunner @ Feb 2 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(the curl @ Feb 2 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>were you over by the barracks? those are some nice weeds

If you get out before it snows you can see through the ice. I was out there Sunday and you could walk around and see the weed beds through the ice.

i was thinking of going out in the morning and its suposted to snow tonight

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great picture and please provide precise GPS location and which direction you saw it swimming

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sweet picture. You sure are a quiet fellow, Tailgunner. Member #3 with 56 posts. But when you post, it sure gets attention. LOL!!!

Testing the waters

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

1 - 19 of 19 Posts