Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. I'm a newcomer to the LSCN & have gained some good insights as to fishing LSC. Thought I'd pass along some good results my 13 year old & I had on Sunday, 8/23(Incidentally, my 45th b-day). Launched from Selfridge access, motored out about a mile as straight out as possible, started my drift SSE with the wind bound for the first point. Working crawlers & rubber artificials, mainly in greens. Hit first just legal smallmouth at 7:30am, on a green drop shotted Zoom 4" Fluke. My son landed a dandy 4.5 pounder at 8am on a 5" Green w/yellow tip Senko, also drop shot rigged, we changed out a third line to match colors & promptly landed a 3rd 4+ pounder, on a green w/black speck tube. We also lost 3 other legal bass. Mix in a bunch of small perch & 6 or 7 decent rock bass, & the day was a success!!!! Cloudy, breezy, basically overcast throughout the float. But no rain 'til the squall got us a mile from the launch........good view of the air show!!!!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Sounds like you had a great b-day. Welcome to the site. Keep those reports coming.

·
Registered
54 Posts
QUOTE(19Mike'sFishing64 @ Aug 24 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>good view of the air show!!!!

It is a definite perk of fishing that area. Nice report and glad you caught a few smallies and glad your son caught the bigg'un. Oh...decent and rockbass don't go together.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.