Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for information on the SEMBA open on Bellville. I can not find any information on the tounament this year. Also if anyone can tell me where the fish will be on that day and exactly what baits they will be eating it would be greatly appreciated(Ha-Ha). Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dowd,
Thank you for the quick response. I tried last night to get on the site and had trouble. I had no problem getting on from your link. You did however only answer one of my questions. I could not think of a better person than the winner of the last two to tell me where all the fish will be and how to catch them. Well I guess I will just have to figure that out on my own. Thanks again for the info and good luck to you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have been out there 5 times this year and have yet to catch a bass out there, and yes I was targeting them. The water has been very muddy from top to bottom. A few of my friends have been getting them on crankbaits off of the ledges.
The last two years I have a combination of plastics and CB's. At that time of year and water temp in the low to mid 60's you will fish in every stage of the spawn. I target the smallies in that lake since most anglers go up the lake and fish the big heads. The last two years my partner and I have won by more the 4.5 pounds. Each year. I have fished the event 3 out of the last 4 years and have cash a check in it. I love Belleville that time of the year. 4 smallies and 1 good big mouth will cash you a check anytime on that lake. I have also placed a larger amount of trees in some of the deeper water in the lake and that can help at times, I catch more walleyes and musky off the brush than I do bass.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dowd,
Thank you for taking the time to share that information with me. I really was joking asking those questions. Good luck to you this year.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Am I correct that an individual can fish this tournament alone if they so desire to? Now that the tournament will have a 5 fish limit, it would allow an individual to fish alone without being penalized as when there is more then a 5 fish limit.

Personally, I wish all tournaments went to a five fish limit just for this reason...plus, it helps our fishery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts