Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Severe Thunderstorm Watch number 688 is now in effect for ALL of south central lower Michigan until 1:00AM EDT. Extremely powerful storms will continue moving this way, and developing with main threats being damaging winds reaching hurricane force (74 mph) or greater, hail up to golf ball size, flooding torrential rains, and an isolated tornado all possible. Stay tuned everybody as these storms are going to explode rapidly with little or no warning due to the extreme instability within the atmosphere currently.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Thanks for the update. It got really dark and cloudy here with lightning and thunder, but no rain...yet.

If it compares to anything like last nights (early am) t-storms, its gonna be crazy out there!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
QUOTE(itstyme2change @ Aug 9 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(flipflop @ Aug 9 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(itstyme2change @ Aug 9 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>full blown storm in Ster Hts!!

The sky is NAVY Blue here, weather sirens are blowing, lightening and rain just started.

and just that fast, it passed

I DON'T THINK SO.......

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Thought for sure we were going to lose a tree. Luckily I went out and moved/put away anything light or damageable just minutes before hand.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Aug 9 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Severe Thunderstorm Watch number 688 is now in effect for ALL of south central lower Michigan until 1:00AM EDT. Extremely powerful storms will continue moving this way, and developing with main threats being damaging winds reaching hurricane force (74 mph) or greater, hail up to golf ball size, flooding torrential rains, and an isolated tornado all possible. Stay tuned everybody as these storms are going to explode rapidly with little or no warning due to the extreme instability within the atmosphere currently.

not making fun of your post but as i read it it reminded me of this clip from ghost busters

dogs and cats living together....

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(sea urchin @ Aug 9 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Aug 9 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Severe Thunderstorm Watch number 688 is now in effect for ALL of south central lower Michigan until 1:00AM EDT. Extremely powerful storms will continue moving this way, and developing with main threats being damaging winds reaching hurricane force (74 mph) or greater, hail up to golf ball size, flooding torrential rains, and an isolated tornado all possible. Stay tuned everybody as these storms are going to explode rapidly with little or no warning due to the extreme instability within the atmosphere currently.

not making fun of your post but as i read it it reminded me of this clip from ghost busters

dogs and cats living together....

LOL! That was an awesome way to spice things up a bit. Definitely fine by me in regards to posting that.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
followed this storm home last night from the muskegon area. blasted thru west of grand rapids real hard trees down everywhere, a couple on the highway shoulders, and slowed down traffic.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
We were driving home from the lake around this time on 696. What fun!!! Big winds, sheets of rain, hail... we were doing good going 20 mph. The lightning display was phenomenal! Fortunately no trees down or power outages in our area.

·
Registered
22,942 Posts
Speaking thanking...

I want to thank you stormchaser5399, and whomever it is on Grosse Ile who is foolish enough to have an open WiFi network. Just sitting on the hook, figured I'd check for an internet connection. Lo and behold there was! First thing I saw was this thread.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Made it back to the dock around 8 pm , saw people running down to cars in parking lot winds were pretty bad said the heck with it . turned on fan went below and fell asleep

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 10 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...and whomever it is on Grosse Ile who is foolish enough to have an open WiFi network. Just sitting on the hook, figured I'd check for an internet connection. Lo and behold there was! First thing I saw was this thread.

Mooching somebody elses internet on the lake? Sounds like something a typical democrat would do!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.