Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine called me yesterday and said that the state was dumping over one million gallons of partially treated sewage into the detroit river. has anyone else heard anything like this?

he said he heard it on the news and that it was due to the power outtage. he also heard that canada will be dumping around the same amount into the river today.

if this is true, its just sick. this is why i dont eat fish.

madman himself

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
,..yeah...it's true,...but atleast they TOLD us this time instead of just doing it and trying to cover it up or "neither confirm nor deny it!"..LOL...That power outage screwed up a lot of stuff that we always take for granted....and even if the lights go out,..."Cocka happens!"...ahahahah...they gotta put it SOMEWHERE!!!...

atleast "partially treated" is better than RAW!!! That's NASTY!!!!

"Catch and Release is a beautiful thing"......all the more reason to practice it!!! IMHO!!

Mac

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
who wouldn't have made the same decision!! man,.. backed up sewers in homes is a LOT worse!!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
It was neither dump it in the river to dilute, or fill downriver homes with raw sewage, It's a no brainer, It makes everybody sick to think about that. Look how many times the beautiful metro beach, ect. have been closed due to raw sewage spilling into the clinton river. When there's big storms, heavy rain, doesn't the sewage plant on the clinton river automatically over-flow into the river. Gosh there just has to be a better way. Maybe half the lottery winnings can go to fixing that. All we can do and still raw sewage gets into our waterways.. I don't have all the answer's but i do know there has to be a better way..

h2o doesn't eat the fish either never has.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
The answer is better sewage systems and very high $$$......OR quit building homes and renovate the ones we have. Urban sprawl is killing the area's natural eco system. (my opinion)

Mini

·
Registered
316 Posts
I heard St Clair County also received permission to dump raw sewage! Have there been any beach closings?
When we took the boat out Saturday 8-16, there were at least 100 dead fish in the Milk River. What a shame! Wonder what the cause was?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
We could smell the sewage Saturday running back down the Detroit River to the Federation weigh-in. Our two 4 pound smallies mysteriously died late in the day. We had the wells full, with treatment in the water. We took our time running in due to motor problems too and the river was not rough on Saturday. The bass were fine when we left lower St. Clair? It was strange.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.