Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How goes the battle? Still smoke free? Hang in there!!!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Day 5 is under my belt almost officially (will be when I climb in bed)

I tell ya, today I was the weakest and had some SEVERE moments that I thought I wanted to smoke again. If Mini was here with his cigarettes, it'd be all over.

BUT...the good news is that I didn't smoke or have a puff or cheat what so ever. So, I feel good. THANK GOD I didn't cave in earlier - I'd have to go through that $hitty nicotine withdrawl all over again and I don't wanna do that.

Tomorrow is a new day with new challenges - I am getting my arse to the gym to beat my body up for a while - that'll remind me as I'm wheezing horribly why I quit smoking

Still pulling for your brother and will think of him DAILY in my own personal fight against these evil cigarettes.......

Thanks for asking, and thanks for the support - I need all I can get

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
N/P.... thanks to you for thinking of my Brother. He sees the oncologist tomorrow. Don't give in during the weak moments. You can do this!!!!!!!! Think about how your lungs were meant to be.... pink and fleshy. Chew a straw!!!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jan 5 2004, 11:47 PM)I tell ya, today I was the weakest and had some SEVERE moments that I thought I wanted to smoke again. If Mini was here with his cigarettes, it'd be all over.
I bet it'd be a lot easier if Mini was going through this with you!

(may have already been discussed... but if so, I missed it)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
GoodLuck shandiggity- straws worked wonders for Tom... make sure you keep taking your vitamins though... he has been sick for about a month now and went to the dr. yesterday- he told him that his immune system is down, result from quitting smoking... if it is not one thing.. it is another! But i would rather have him sick with a cold then still smoking~ GOOD LUCK!!! You can do it!!
Oh yeah, licorice helped him out alot too!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jan 6 2004, 08:57 AM)I think Shandog said he quit smoking but not the beautiful "chew"..

so is that really quitting?
Can you imagine if Shandog started chewin' and spittin'?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
YOU CAN DO IT!!! It is so great you are trying to stop, I know how horrible it is!!!!! My mom is a long time smoker and has tried to quit numerous times, but not with a whole lotta luck!!! I am rooting for you!!! It is sooooo worth it!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
he offered me a "dip" the first day I quit smoking and I chuckled and said no thanks

he's doing good too - he is trying to quit cigarettes w/me but doesn't want anyone to know so DON"T TELL ANYONE GUYS hee hee
seriously though - he doesn't want people busting his chops if they see him smoking at an event so MUMS THE WORD EVERYONE
thanks!

he's doing good - he had one smoke yesterday - that's it
and, naturally, a dip or two, but I really dont' mind that - all part of his machismo that I

those urges scared me last night - I don't want them to come again today so I am going to see a doctor somehow somewhere today to get me some chill pills - not a nicotine replacement, something else though because I really want to quit for good and for EVER

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jan 6 2004, 09:14 AM)he offered me a "dip" the first day I quit smoking and I chuckled and said no thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts