Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for myself, and i'm sure other amateurs that frequent this lovely wood paneled, bear carpetted, duck-i-dermied suite, i'm asking for the vets on this site's input. Tell us how you hunt for goose.

No, we don't want to know WHERE you hunt (unless you wanna tell us!
) but how you hunt and what you do during your hunt that brings em home in the bag. From dekes to layout blinds to full out hunting blinds?

I got this tip from a friend: Geese don't like bean fields this early in the season, they prefer cut hay fields

Thanks Guru.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I've both heard and read that when geese are approaching your spread and they begin their final approach, you should stop calling. I don't exactly remember why, but I remember I heard it. That's about all I know about goose hunting.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(adamfish @ Aug 13 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've both heard and read that when geese are approaching your spread and they begin their final approach, you should stop calling. I don't exactly remember why, but I remember I heard it. That's about all I know about goose hunting.

Depends on the time of year, late, call like hell!!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
QUOTE(adamfish @ Aug 13 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've both heard and read that when geese are approaching your spread and they begin their final approach, you should stop calling. I don't exactly remember why, but I remember I heard it. That's about all I know about goose hunting.

I say they are commited. Stop calling and start shooting.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Don't overcall. Give them back what you hear. If they are making alot of noise, go nuts. If they are quiet or giving a single honk, give them 1 back.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Few decoys this time of year. Don't speak unless spoken to and when they are close....just low clucks.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 14 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Aug 14 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hunt them off land or in water?

yup

Heard you the first time

1 - 20 of 47 Posts