Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a 12 wide by 8 deep shed for my yard stuff. To take advantage of storage space, we're planning on going up the full 8' on the walls. Does anyone have a suggestion on pitch (gable) so this this thing doesn't look like a highrise? If I can't come up with anything I'll lower the walls, but I'd really like the extra space.

Help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Jason

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(nitwit @ Mar 9 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm planning a 12 wide by 8 deep shed for my yard stuff. To take advantage of storage space, we're planning on going up the full 8' on the walls. Does anyone have a suggestion on pitch (gable) so this this thing doesn't look like a highrise? If I can't come up with anything I'll lower the walls, but I'd really like the extra space.

Help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Jason

Barn style

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was an option but the layout of where it's going dictates the door is on the long side. I'm still going through pics trying to make this right. Thanks

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
QUOTE(nitwit @ Mar 9 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That was an option but the layout of where it's going dictates the door is on the long side. I'm still going through pics trying to make this right. Thanks
here buy 2 of these for a 8 X 14 shed.. all of the frame angles are worked out for you.. all you have to do is add the roof, sides and doors..

http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGroup.aspx...xwSsKswuRlXMI9Q

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm confused. Are you planning on an 8' tall door? For an 8x12 as long as you have at least some pitch and it isn't flat you'll be fine with whatever you decide. If you go taller you will just have some extra storage overhead!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(snowman @ Mar 9 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm confused. Are you planning on an 8' tall door? For an 8x12 as long as you have at least some pitch and it isn't flat you'll be fine with whatever you decide. If you go taller you will just have some extra storage overhead!

No, six foot doors. The walls will just be a full 8 versus the regular 6 or 7. I am going the tall route just for the extra storage, just need to figure out how to make it look not so "What is that?"

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Mar 9 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe you could use some of <this technology> to achieve the look you're after.

Someone, quick - call Rob on his cellphone and tell him someone hacked into his board account. This must be an impersonator, as there wasn't any sunshine or calm water anywhere in that brief video...

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(nitwit @ Mar 9 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Mar 9 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe you could use some of <this technology> to achieve the look you're after.

Someone, quick - call Rob on his cellphone and tell him someone hacked into his board account. This must be an impersonator, as there wasn't any sunshine or calm water anywhere in that brief video...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thought about that, too. Keeping my options open, but would prefer gable...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts