Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Sheriff Sunday

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  fitsus 
#1 ·
Seems like there was a lot of law enforcement presence this Sunday. As we left MacRay a Macomb Sheriff boat was ahead of us. As we got close to Decker's in the North channel we saw a St. Clair sheriff's boat sitting in the channel.

Anybody else notice them?

#2 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jun 15 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seems like there was a lot of law enforcement presence this Sunday. As we left MacRay a Macomb Sheriff boat was ahead of us. As we got close to Decker's in the North channel we saw a St. Clair sheriff's boat sitting in the channel.

From the Cove in Canada, back to HCN about 10am, and then to the moot around 1 and back at 6, we saw none.

#5 ·
Yea they were everywhere this weekend. I got stopped on a jetski ... cuz we all know they love to pick on jetskis, and got a ticket with 3 civil infractions. The sheriff was writing the ticket before he even said what he pulled me over for. - From his point of view i was too close to the other vessels in the area, although I was clearly over 200feet away.

#7 ·
Looks like they are on revent crunch this year. More tickets they write, more money they bring in. I'm thinking they haven't put the nautical mile no wake buoys in because they can get more peole that way. I have seen plenty of people flying in that no wake zone.

#8 ·
QUOTE(slapshot @ Jun 15 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like they are on revent crunch this year. More tickets they write, more money they bring in. I'm thinking they haven't put the nautical mile no wake buoys in because they can get more peole that way. I have seen plenty of people flying in that no wake zone.

Where is that? I have come into the JBM without knowing of any "not posted no wake zones," please enlighten me if necessary?

#9 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jun 15 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seems like there was a lot of law enforcement presence this Sunday. As we left MacRay a Macomb Sheriff boat was ahead of us. As we got close to Decker's in the North channel we saw a St. Clair sheriff's boat sitting in the channel.

I noticed plenty on Saturday. After leaving Brown's on Saturday around 8 pm I passed one (i think Coast Guard) in the middle channel, one sheriff in the intersection of the north channel (pulling over poorly lit smaller boats) and another sheriff closer to the no wake zone by Deckers.

#10 ·
QUOTE(Heavy Handed @ Jun 15 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(slapshot @ Jun 15 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like they are on revent crunch this year. More tickets they write, more money they bring in. I'm thinking they haven't put the nautical mile no wake buoys in because they can get more peole that way. I have seen plenty of people flying in that no wake zone.

Where is that? I have come into the JBM without knowing of any "not posted no wake zones," please enlighten me if necessary?

yeah, me to. What?

tg.

#12 ·
QUOTE(slapshot @ Jun 15 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>they have always had the no wake buoys out in the past but i believe without the boys it is the 200 ft before shore rule. The buoys always seemed to be farther out than that though

I believe it's 600 feet begining north of Ford's Cove through just shy of the 400 club. Mini posted the exacts a few weeks ago.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(alk8778 @ Jun 15 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yea they were everywhere this weekend. I got stopped on a jetski ... cuz we all know they love to pick on jetskis, and got a ticket with 3 civil infractions. The sheriff was writing the ticket before he even said what he pulled me over for. - From his point of view i was too close to the other vessels in the area, although I was clearly over 200feet away.

One of the reasons why I sold my PWC. Tired of the hassles from the St. Clair Sheriff. I say this because I never got hassled by Macomb county. Always St. Clair. Especially that cast iron bitch that wrote me that stupid ticket for being less than 10 minutes past curfew that cost $100 and a trip to the Marine City court only to stand next to real criminals and plead to a judge that little 'ol me was riding on my PWC a little late. Thanks so much Ms. Po-Po for writing that ticket that made me change my life's attitude for owning a PWC. Yeah, and she was soooooo nice about it too.

Have a nice day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.