Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I kind of wondered about this. For every action, there is a reaction. What if the explosion knocked the moon off it's axis or caused some sort of wave effect. I'm sure scientists know what they're doing and all, but still....

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Jazzy @ Oct 9 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I kind of wondered about this. For every action, there is a reaction. What if the explosion knocked the moon off it's axis or caused some sort of wave effect. I'm sure scientists know what they're doing and all, but still....
Font Art Landscape Event Logo

Could be this but for real.

I don't think the things they threw at the moon were much biger than astorides that hit it on a regular basis.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Yeah the moon is 1/4 the size of the Earth. It's pretty big - a rocket will have no effect.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
forgive my faulty memory...but just heard ydy that NASA scientists have good reason to believe they have found water on one of the planets ? they even think there may ice stores.
huge huge deal if they are correct

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Oct 9 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>forgive my faulty memory...but just heard ydy that NASA scientists have good reason to believe they have found water on one of the planets ? they even think there may ice stores.

Well if thats true maybe they should fire an SUV sized rocket at the moon and test the dust plume that comes up.....

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Oct 9 2009, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Oct 9 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>forgive my faulty memory...but just heard ydy that NASA scientists have good reason to believe they have found water on one of the planets ? they even think there may ice stores.

Well if thats true maybe they should fire an SUV sized rocket at the moon and test the dust plume that comes up.....

hey ! think positive !

(fingers crossed)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
$50,000/ gallon to transport fresh water into space.
That's why they drink their own pee in orbit.
If they find water, a huge stumbling block to future exploration has been overcome,
water for survival, and to create fuel and oxygen.

Kinda cool I think!

gt

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I call shennanigans. It was probably all staged on set at a top secret film studio.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts