Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one day off a week and i need to do some fishing tomorrow. It is what i think about the other 6 days a week. I dont have a boat and i am looking for some good shore fishing. Willing to go from metro to deckers landing. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I do my fishing from shore, though in the DR, not LSC. Not sure of any spots on your side of the Lake, but, depending on what you're after, consider fishing at night (go after work, then sleep in your day off!). My friend and I go for walleye, and we do fairly well from shore, but ALWAYS at night. Haven't even fished before 10pm in months! Walleye are walleye no matter where they are, and many will move in shallow (near shore) at night, which is pretty much us shore fishermen's best chance to catch them. Look for shallows close to deep water. Rocks and structure in these types of places are even better. If there are breakwalls near you, fish them in close. Light jigs tipped with anything from live bait to soft plastics (white seems to work best for us) will work, as will crank baits. If you're after nothing in particular, then I suppose any time will do, but if you want some good fishin' followed by some delicious eatin', can't beat the night bite!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Havent done too well at metro lately, from the marsh or the piers. Doesnt bother me though, i start school on wednesday so i wont be going as much any more. Might wanna try Brandonburg, Harley Ensign, or even Stoney Creek.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts