Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to the guys who fish from shore. Hit the spillway, Harrison Park, Blossom Heath with very little results over the last 3-4 weeks. Tried everything in the box and even live bait. Tons of gobys and TONS of Minnows/Shad running along the shore. Only luck was at Harsens Island catching a nice pike and Walleye on a Silver Rattlin Rap. Besides the lake I did manage a 6lb LM bass out of Sylvan Glenn off Rochester. I guess shore fishing just is not that hot right now in LSC off the St.Clair Shores/Harrison area. Maybe in a few weeks??? Who knows. I will report.

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE(scsfish @ Oct 18 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just a heads up to the guys who fish from shore. Hit the spillway, Harrison Park, Blossom Heath with very little results over the last 3-4 weeks. Tried everything in the box and even live bait. Tons of gobys and TONS of Minnows/Shad running along the shore. Only luck was at Harsens Island catching a nice pike and Walleye on a Silver Rattlin Rap. Besides the lake I did manage a 6lb LM bass out of Sylvan Glenn off Rochester. I guess shore fishing just is not that hot right now in LSC off the St.Clair Shores/Harrison area. Maybe in a few weeks??? Who knows. I will report.

Wow, good fish out of Sylvan Glenn. I fished there several times with my son as its close to my house. What part of the lake? I know its not big, but we have fished mainly near the little island and typically pull in pan fish and a few small bass.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My shore fishing has cooled dramatically since September, chasing 'eyes. I have managed a few, and they are on the large size, but my numbers have been way down since the summer. I've gotten a pike and my first musky this fall, but the shore fishing has definitely cooled overall. Even the smallies, rock bass have seemingly fled. I'm hoping the next few weeks/months turn productive before the ice.

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(barnz @ Oct 19 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My shore fishing has cooled dramatically since September, chasing 'eyes. I have managed a few, and they are on the large size, but my numbers have been way down since the summer. I've gotten a pike and my first musky this fall, but the shore fishing has definitely cooled overall. Even the smallies, rock bass have seemingly fled. I'm hoping the next few weeks/months turn productive before the ice.

Me too!

·
Registered
69 Posts
QUOTE(scsfish @ Oct 19 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(barnz @ Oct 19 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My shore fishing has cooled dramatically since September, chasing 'eyes. I have managed a few, and they are on the large size, but my numbers have been way down since the summer. I've gotten a pike and my first musky this fall, but the shore fishing has definitely cooled overall. Even the smallies, rock bass have seemingly fled. I'm hoping the next few weeks/months turn productive before the ice.

Me too!

where did you get the fish on harsens

·
Registered
583 Posts
QUOTE(Marshland Hotel @ Oct 20 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(scsfish @ Oct 19 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(barnz @ Oct 19 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My shore fishing has cooled dramatically since September, chasing 'eyes. I have managed a few, and they are on the large size, but my numbers have been way down since the summer. I've gotten a pike and my first musky this fall, but the shore fishing has definitely cooled overall. Even the smallies, rock bass have seemingly fled. I'm hoping the next few weeks/months turn productive before the ice.

Me too!

where did you get the fish on harsens

Sorry, I should've mentioned; I do my fishing from shore on the Canadian side of the upper DR. I did get a nice eater 'eye last night, though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have you tried 9 mile? anyone know if anything is biting there?

QUOTE(scsfish @ Oct 18 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just a heads up to the guys who fish from shore. Hit the spillway, Harrison Park, Blossom Heath with very little results over the last 3-4 weeks. Tried everything in the box and even live bait. Tons of gobys and TONS of Minnows/Shad running along the shore. Only luck was at Harsens Island catching a nice pike and Walleye on a Silver Rattlin Rap. Besides the lake I did manage a 6lb LM bass out of Sylvan Glenn off Rochester. I guess shore fishing just is not that hot right now in LSC off the St.Clair Shores/Harrison area. Maybe in a few weeks??? Who knows. I will report.

·
Registered
59 Posts
im hopeing to get LM in the marsh area heard they were in there. Tough to catch but when they bite lots of keepers, theres always fish somewere at the park from shore , too. No reports of small in there yet but ill be finding out. No wally around either there, yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts