Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or even house iam thinking of getting it this year for my boat. I know it’s around 12.00 a month but for a much time as we spend with the radio on the boat iam thinking it’s worth it for the summer.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I could have gotten it in my truck but after hearing the salesman's radio in his truck I said no way. I didn't think it sounded that great. His truck even had the better stereo option than mine does.

I'm sure you'll get opions saying they like it.......

For the boat just have Hammer help set you up and bring cd's to play.....that way it's always your music

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a cd player on the stereo that we had in boat kept skipping all the time. Think I needed a bigger boat good excuse to get one. So cd won't skip when we hit waves. Lol, so I changed back to cassette player and bought a walkman cd player with car kit. Works ok sounds good but you can only put one cd in at a time.
Coleen made up a bunch of cassettes from cds.and recorded them they play for 90 min. but after a while it like ok we heard that song. Turn on the radio.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I've got XM radio in my truck and at my condo. It's a nice option to have, especially when traveling. It's like having collections of CD's for every genre out there. I love the 90's, the comedy channels, and the top 20 station. Next month, they're also going to have instant local weather and traffic, which will be a cool addition.
Cost is $9.99/month.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i want xm radio

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I bought xm for the boat last winter... returned it only because I heard the reception on the lake was bad. But I think they have a special boat antenae now that you can purchase. If so, I'm going to pick it up again.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
xm is really good, i have it in my new truck.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've got XM in my car and would not have another without it! After hearing mine, both of my parents have it in their cars now and will probably get one for their house.

This month, all of the music stations went to no commercials. Like Capt'n Mike said instant local traffic and weather debut March 1st. It's $9.99/month for the first radio and $6.99/month for each additional radio.

If you get XM, turn to Comedy xL (Channel 150). That channel is absolutely hilarious!!

I've never heard the Sirus system, so I can't comment on that but I would imagine it's similar.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I have XM at work that I listen to all day long. I really don't think it's that great. Sure there is a ton of channels but most of them are junk. I tend to only listen to 5-10 channels. But when you think about that fact that I spent $10 on breakfest this morning....even if there is only 5-10 good channels it's worht the $10.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Since I'll be needing to purchase a new audio/video system for the INSTIGATOR this summer <_< , I plan on including the XM system.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
My brother has been researching for a couple months - he and his wife are both getting for their cars and a dock for home. He says the preference seems to be about 3 to 1 for XM. One of them (XM I think) seems to have quite a bit of advertising - thought the whole idea was to have a great selection of music without advertising??? <_<

My personal preference is for CDs because sound quality of XM or Sirius is much degraded compared to CD (they use lossy compression like MP3, except worse than all but the lowest rez MP3), but CDs can be a pain in the boat - skipping, get scratched or stolen, etc. - and for listening at the Moot, you can't tell the difference anyway!

Let us know what you decide.

Big Tree

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I have XM in the truck. I normally only use it on longer trips. I mostly listen to CDs. Like Rerun said there are only a couple of good channels.

As far as sound quality (at least through th GM Bose) I think it is close to a CD. Then again it is hard to tell when rolling down the road at 80 in a diesel.

My dealer rolled in a 5 year XM contract into my truck payments and I thik it is only costing me 5.95 a mo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts