Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing this site being redirected to various ad sites?

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems to have stopped now. Guess one of the ad servers was misbehavin'.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While it's possible, I don't think it was on my end. Thanks for the link though.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(tcg @ Sep 2 2009, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Happened to me last night. It happened so fast I could not see which banner ad was causing it. My computer is malware free it was this site.

Matt

I have banners blocked and have not seen it so I suspect you are right.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Well I just removed a particularly nasty bit of malware.

I got the redirect using Firefox and I just assumed it was one of the ads. No harm.

After I read this thread I was curious to see which ad. I used IE6(my mistake) and kept reloading the page until the offending ad showed up.

It finally redirected to some search page but I missed which ad it was. My computer restarted by itself. When it came back up there was a red x in the tray on my taskbar that kept saying I was infected.

A little research showed these were the culprit braviax.exe cru629.dat users32.dat

The times on the files were within a minute of the redirect so I know the malware came from where ever the browser got redirected to.

It did not come from LSCN but there is a bad ad in the rotation.

Matt

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
I saw this last night too. I had numerous pages open on my PC, so I wasn't sure which site did the redirect. I quickly dropped my ISP connection and shutdown the PC. At least I'm glad to know it wasn't just me, and you guys are confirming it was this site (takes the mystery away)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Happening here too. LCN get hacked or something?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts