Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
WHAT TIME SAT

WHERE AT

COST

WHAT TYPE OF LESSONS WILL THEY GIVE YOU ECT.....

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Sep 22 2003, 09:09 PM)WHAT TIME SAT

WHERE AT

COST

What he said........

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Sep 22 2003, 09:09 PM)WHAT TIME SAT

WHERE AT

COST

who you kidding Eddie, you will never jump?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
COTTY i have always wanted to do this, i am old now though..ha ha !

this sat is the party day at the fish, i don't want to jump saturday though, cause if i die i will not make the LSCN BASH, and my Parents anneversary.....

But yes i would like to do it one day, preferable on a WARM day

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The actual jump is at 1:00 in Napolean (which is by Jackson or MIS if that helps) Depending on how many people go depends on the cost - the most it will cost is $175. The more people the cheaper!! There is no lessons because it is a tandem jump. It is so much fun!!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(crzyjetskigirl @ Sep 22 2003, 08:14 PM)The actual jump is at 1:00 in Napolean (which is by Jackson or MIS if that helps) Depending on how many people go depends on the cost - the most it will cost is $175. The more people the cheaper!! There is no lessons because it is a tandem jump. It is so much fun!!!
So its a JUMP and PULL type of situation....
wow !
Never jumped though....

But i prefer a saturday PULL and SPRAY day

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(crzyjetskigirl @ Sep 22 2003, 09:14 PM)The actual jump is at 1:00 in Napolean (which is by Jackson or MIS if that helps)
Is that the one in Clinton near Saline or is it farther west than that. I was suppose to jump at this one on the night of the big Black out.

I have to check to see if I work but I might be in. Let me know about the location, if it's the same place because there are a few of us that were going to reschedule at this place. I will send an email to those people tomorrow from work and see what they say.

cotty

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Sep 22 2003, 09:12 PM)COTTY i have always wanted to do this, i am old now though..ha ha !
Eddie,

Never to old to jump. Still plenty of partying left for you to do.

G

·
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Sep 22 2003, 09:16 PM)QUOTE(crzyjetskigirl @ Sep 22 2003, 08:14 PM) The actual jump is at 1:00 in Napolean (which is by Jackson or MIS if that helps) Depending on how many people go depends on the cost - the most it will cost is $175. The more people the cheaper!! There is no lessons because it is a tandem jump. It is so much fun!!!
So its a JUMP and PULL type of situation....
wow !
Never jumped though....

But i prefer a saturday PULL and SPRAY day

I did this in Florida about 8 years ago. It's not a jump and pull if you mean once you jump out your chute is pulled immediately. On a tandem jump you're attached to an experienced skydiver who pulls the chute. The cool thing about it is that you don't have to take classes and a bunch of small jump and pulls before you get to free fall. The odd thing I thought is that you are really not even wearing a chute, but you are wearing a person with a chute. When I went we were on a plane that was doing a big formation with another group in a different plane so they took us up higher than we were supposed to go. Free fell from 14,500 to 5,000 when he pulled the chute and I can still close my eyes and see how the ground under my shoes looked when I stood at the door of the plane. It was a cool experience, but once was enough for me.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
I'm game. but forget that tandem crap!!! I've got nearly 500 jumps in my log-book, and would be more than happy to show some whuffo's what it's all about!!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
My hubby (sugar-daddy) and my daughter has always wanted to skydive. Would love some more details on the name of the place or a phone #. I think you might have 2 more willing to go on Saturday..........better call to make sure the life insurance policy is up to date.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I always wanted to do that but Saturday is too soon and too much going on. Would love to hear about it and would be interested in future jumps.
My girlfriend went recently and said it was the coolest most liberating thing she's ever done.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I would actually do this; but that is a bad day due to the LSCN party that night...

Any thoughts on a reschedule or repeat?

·
Registered
306 Posts
My father was 101st Airborn in Nam, we get to go free once a month during the summer. If you guys have the chance to do this, do it. It is such a high, so much fun, after your first jump, you wont want to stop!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
QUOTE(sunday @ Sep 23 2003, 08:37 AM)It is such a high, so much fun, after your first jump, you wont want to stop!
Sounds like a blast but, Sunday, that is what I'm afraid of. I don't need another hobbie that takes up all my time and cash!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Skydive Tecumseh

If you are going to only do it once or twice, I would recommend a tandem jump. It's pretty much a no brainer as your partner does all the thinking for you.

The crappy thing about jumping solo, is the learning curve that needs to be overcome before actually hitting terminal velocity (free fall). For my first 6 jumps, I was attached to the plane with a "static line". This line actually pulls the shoot for you as your body falls away from the plane. After six of these, I started pulling my own rip cord. However, I still had to work my way up. At first, I would pull the cord immediately after I cleared the plane. Next few jumps I would wait 5 seconds, then 10 seconds, then 15 seconds, etc. At $30 - $40 per jump... you can see how this easily starts to add up. I think I had about 50 jumps before I hit my maximum elevation limit (student) of 10,000 feet. But it was well worth it.

Pulling the rip cord on your main chute is fun.

Pulling the rip cord on your reserve chute is even more fun (once you are sure it has properly opened)!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.