Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out behind Selfridge this morning & had our worse day this season. We started fishing at 7:00 A.M. and we were done fighting the floating weeds at 10:30 and got off of the lake. Caught a total of one perch. I had two other perch bites and my grandson had none. Started out in 6 FOW and ended up in 11- 12 FOW and nothing going. Tried minnows and worms and threw a few crank baits and tubes out there for some bass and still nothing. Did some trolling & drifting when the wind picked up enough to drift.

Talked to a few other guys fishing out there. One boat had two guys and they had two perch and a sunfish they said. Three guys in another boat had two small undersized bass that they caught. Another boat with two guys in it said they caught a walleye 30 ft. from shore and they had a perch and a sunnie. Their eye went 18" they told us. Checked with a few more guys at the ramp that also gave up early and they too gave up because of the lack of fish biting. It was a beautiful day as far as the weather goes though. I may go back out tomorrow somewhere besides behind Selfridge. Floating weeds were terribly bothersome today.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts