Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've discovered that my new musky reel is so silky smooth that I have to use TONS of tension to cast now to control it. I wanted the smoothness for the retrieve and when I use a lot of tension then that effortless retrieve goes out the window. How do I slow her down? I was thinking of using red rocket fuel to control her. Any suggestions? I already have two white brakes on. This is for casting so I would like to get it set perfectly.

It was part of the ABU promax series and has 6BB. SM6600CL

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Is this a add, or a "reel" appeal. It's a great reel. I have one. There is a adjustment on the side to control the line. If you need more information - respond. I will send the print out if you need it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm very familiar with baitcasters, my C3 must have alot of internal resistance and I can cast it without alot of spool tension. I'm well versed in baitcasters and I own two that are far superior to this one (Shimano Curado SF and Chronarch SF). It just seems like a waste to ruin an effortless retrieve with tons of spool tension. I know some people have fabricated a homemade magnetic braking system on C3s and like I said red rocket fuel may also slow the reel down. I will buy some red rocket fuel and give it a whirl but first I may try packing the bearings with grease.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While pondering this issue at work I thought of upgrading the wormgear to the triple-lay line system like the Morrums have; It may not slow it down but it will hamper a backlash with braids. I will have this reel 'tuned up' like you wouldn't believe by the time the season starts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts