Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am participating in a small club tournament this weekend on St. Clair. We have six boats (12 guys). I saw information about Jobbie Nooner posted, and it looks crazy. How dangerous will the lake be. It appears that avoiding the North end of the lake is a good idea. Does anyone have any advice? We are launching our of harley Ensign ramp and fishing 5A to 1P Saturday and Sunday. Will the ramp be overwhelmed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI we are coming in from Indiana.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
QUOTE(Kazman @ Jun 25 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am participating in a small club tournament this weekend on St. Clair. We have six boats (12 guys). I saw information about Jobbie Nooner posted, and it looks crazy. How dangerous will the lake be. It appears that avoiding the North end of the lake is a good idea. Does anyone have any advice? We are launching our of harley Ensign ramp and fishing 5A to 1P Saturday and Sunday. Will the ramp be overwhelmed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI we are coming in from Indiana.
Friday is the actual party. Sat and Sun will still be busy in the north end. If you fish, fish west end (dumps to delphine) or south shore and you should be away from that mess. The launch will be nuts, but it always is on the weekend. Launching at 5 am you should be fine. Party goers get out at 11 ish.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really appreciate the help. How many boats will be in the NBAA tournament? If you guys ever head to the south end of Lake Michigan, let me know. The Smallmouth fishing is fantastic there right now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A bit south of Harley is the Crocker street ramp. It may be a bit less busy at 1:00 when you come out. It is also away from the river traffic going out...

Just a thought.

You wont have any trouble with your blast off.

Good Luck and thanks for coming to our area to fish this jewel!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LSC is a beautiful lake. We come once a year for a two day tournament. You just need a seat belt for your butt seat!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think I read/heard somewhere that there are more boats registered per x-amount of miles out here than anywhere else in the country...Seems like they are all 30'+ and PUSHING water!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts