Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Yes I prefer a .22 for hunting small game unless it is bird hunting. It makes a lot less mess of the meat. I wouldn't recommend for bird hunting though Unless you get them while they are on the ground.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
the way them bunnies ran when I hunted with science guru and supersport last winter, I can't imagine using anything but a shotgun!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Sep 11 2009, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the way them bunnies ran when I hunted with science guru and supersport last winter, I can't imagine using anything but a shotgun!

Bunnies take a little more shooting practice but you can get them with a .22. But yes it is much easier with a shotgun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Supersport keeps sayin how he cant wait to start using his 22 on rabbits this year, and i keep sayin i cant wait to se him try. I'm bad enough w a 20 ga, let alone try it with a 22. But i know some who are VERY effective with them.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
QUOTE(JOCo @ Sep 11 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Supersport keeps sayin how he cant wait to start using his 22 on rabbits this year, and i keep sayin i cant wait to se him try. I'm bad enough w a 20 ga, let alone try it with a 22. But i know some who are VERY effective with them.

Hopefully my new girls will circle those bunnies this year. Most shots will be head shots at sitting rabbits

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I like to make sure the rabbits I shoot DIE!! I use a shotgun unless I'm hunting snowshoes as they run and stop more often than cottontails.

cant wait Mike. Must kill bunnies soon!!!!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
QUOTE(Jason W @ Sep 12 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went to the Hock Shop here in Port Huron today I thought it was just a pawn shop but they had a great gun and bow inventory. I picked up a used bolt action .22 for 100 bucks.

Cool!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.