Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

small gamin

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Woods Before Water 
QUOTE(DaveS. @ Jan 18 2010, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>definately will bring the .22 next time , for those tree dwellers

I noticed that none of you are wearing any "snow" camo. Even for squirrels, you'd be amazed at what a difference it makes. When I'm in my snow camo I find it relatively easy to stalk up on them tree rats without them noticing me and running for cover. The .22 is also a great idea, keeps the woods quiet. I've found that shotguns tend to shut the woods down after the first shot or two. .22's don't really seem to disturb the squirrels much at all.

QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 18 2010, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jan 18 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i dont have any snow camo
Me either. Next time we can get into a snowball fight and then we will be all snowcamoed up. LOL
Did you cook them up Bill? Man you are going to love them.

Well then, I'd suggest checking The Sportsmans Guide dot com for some. They usually have the thin cover type, used military snow camo that's in like new condition and I think I bought some a few years ago for like $12 for the whole outfit, top and bottom. I bought 3 outfits, 2 for myself and 1 to give to my brother, and now that I think about it, it might have been $29.99 for the 3. Now I'm curious and need to check. They have "New" Russian snow camo outfits that go over your regular clothes for $19.97, not a bad deal at all for military snow camo. And it really does make a difference in snowy conditions.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/new-...o.aspx?a=604866

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.