Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launch the boat at south river with my 9 yr old and his friend. Went pretty much strait out from selfridge, maybe a mile out past the mouth of clinton river. From about 12:30am until 3:30pm picked up 8 SM and lost more than that. Sons friend had one at the back of the boat, got a little buck fever (His second bass ever, first one he caught earlier in the day) it did the jump and bump out of the water and it got loose
In the three to four lb range, Just after I had one to the top of the water and hook came out, but had plenty of time to see it, 4 to 5lb range.
Picked up one small perch. Had to get sons friend home by 4:30pm. Fishin and lake was so good called a buddy of mine and him and his son joined us for round two. Hit the same spot and first cast i pick up a SM and a few minutes later Buddys son hit a nice 5lb SM. He used a mimic mino but through out the day we were using drop shots all in 12 ft water. Hit the middle channel and hit one small eye, misketoes got visios and called it a day, A pretty good one at that.
. Talken about tryin again tomorrow if my little guy can take it...

·
Registered
153 Posts
sounds like a great day! im hopin to get up there saturday and give it a shot myself. im sure the boat traffic will suck, but i want to catch some nice smallies. hopefully i 'll have a good report to post saturday night!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hit round two today got ouit a little later than planed. Tried 15 fow north east of metro no hits, moved out to 17 fow, couple nibbles but no luck. Headed back to 12 fow out from selfridge, hit one small and then the tragidy happens, latched into a 5+ lb and put up the ultimate fight draggin line jumps and all, finally get him to the side of the boat, ( picturing possible mount, yes that good ) my 9 yr old grabs the net and puts it in the water like hes choppin wood and cuts my line,
My older sons behind sayin dad its huge becarefull dont let up ect, If you were on shore you probably heard the screams and didnt see the tears, that was definatly my biggest ever. Same spot my buddys son picked up his 5 lb yesterday. Well ill be back. Dont think ill get a third day in a row from the wife, buuuutttttt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.