Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with Bass Ninja out of crocker about 630 this morning started off Metro Beach area in about 9 fow and it was really churned up---weeds floating everywhere. We lasted about 10 minutes there before we headed deeper for 14 fow. Water was much clearer there. Just threw out our drift sock and drifted for about 1.5 hours on a southeasterly line. Dragged some shiners while throwing cranks and jerks. I just love the jerkbait bite--like the rod is being ripped out of my hand--only topwater bite beats it in my opinion. Caught 22 total with the largest 4.5 lbs. Nothing huge that is for sure but we had a great time. Couple double ups which adds to the fun. A little rain in the morning could not even damper the spirits of reeling in so many nice fish. About 9 am we headed back to do another drift along the same line but the bite had died off. We only caught two more in the next 1.5 hours. Guess we got out there at the right time. Will add some pics later--right now they are still on the phone. All in all a great day on the water.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was fishing cranks early afternoon today too. Between metro beach and the light. I agree -- the smallie hits were intense today. 15-17 FOW, they were smackin' em. And once in the boat, full of energy. Not sure that I've ever seen 'em this fired up before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.