Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Harley on Monday 7/6. On the water at 7am off at 11am and out to some spots out by Metro with very little luck. Water temps were still in the mid to high 60's. Fished from 9fow to 13 fow with very little luck. Marked good amount in the mid water column and took one fat 2lber on a jerkbait. Took off to the mile rds around 9am and found the same luck but water temps were 69 to 72 around the 400 club. Began in 9fow and drifted out to 13 with no takers. A few fish marked around but no bites. Fish flies were not crazy but still present and seem to be keeping all the fish up off the bottom near the surface.

I threw jerkbaits almost all day with a few tubes when I would mark a few fish. I had a rod in the rod holder with a shiner and a small split shot with only one perch to show all morning.

Sloooooowwwww day on the water. 2 smallies, 1 perch, 1 pike, got off the water when the wind started to blow at 11am.

Can't we bring back that mid may bite again for like a week????

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My morning (Wednesday) was about the same...Sounds like we worked the same area...My best 5 would have just been a shade over 10lbs...Not too good..I think I ended up with around 10 that would measure in 3 hours....They were scattered all over the place and at different depths....Basically I didn't pattern a thing.....

1,036 Posts
I was out last night with Basswipe Johnson. We managed seven smallies in about 5 hours out there. All of our fish came in 15 FOW or deeper out from 11 Mile Road fishing with tubes. Nothing bigger than 17 inches. Didn't really notice any fish flies but there were tons of gnats.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was out Wed morning and thursday evening out from 400 club 11-15ft. Tried tubes no luck then switched to YUM Dingers hooked Caralina style and they went crazy for it! Threw a tube back out and nothing YUM Dingers they were biting like crazy! Most fish 15"-17" but did manage a couple 20's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts