Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the last 3 days smallmouth fishing with a buddy near Harsens Island and can only describe the action as " scattered " success. We had Senko action in the shallow water near the lighthouses, but the fish were on the small side. We dragged tubes in the middle channel ( 20-25' ) and caught some better fish, but they were scattered - no one good area in particular. We fished some flats and drop-offs in the north channel near Russel Island and caught only a couple of fish, but they were pigs - 4+lbs. Our best smallie spot was casting just outside the perch fishermen in 4' of water between the mouth of the Sni and Goose Bay. The fish were few and far between, but every one we caught was a quality fish 3-5# - spinnerbaits worked in that area. Also, a lot of pike in this area; we probably landed ten or so, and they were all mid 20" size. My personal highlight came Thursday afternoon; casting at the end on the Middle channel bouys, I landed a 47" musky on a red eye shad. I've landed many muskies while bass fishing, but this is my biggest; actually my first landed " legal." This is as complete a current report as I can give; I hope I helped somebody.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.