Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the mile roads today with my friend Lonnie (angler7). We were after Smallmouth Bass and fished from 9:00am till around 3:00pm. Fished 3 miles from shore in 17 foot of water. Landed around 20 smallmouth and 1 nice Walleye. We had all our luck on 1/2 and 3/4oz. lipless crankbaits in natural colors. Great job, Lonnie!
Water Sky Cloud Boat Fisherman

Sky Water Cloud Vertebrate Fisherman

Water Smile Sunglasses Sleeve Outdoor recreation

Water Vertebrate Sleeve Fisherman Fish

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
IMO the fish are fat because they are probably gorging themselves on the schools of minnows that like I have never seen on the American side in the 8 years that I have fished the lake. I believe that this is part of the equation of why the bass have been hard to pattern and why the walleyes (especially big fish 4-8#) have been caught all summer long in LSC.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Aug 25 2009, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>IMO the fish are fat because they are probably gorging themselves on the schools of minnows that like I have never seen on the American side in the 8 years that I have fished the lake. I believe that this is part of the equation of why the bass have been hard to pattern and why the walleyes (especially big fish 4-8#) have been caught all summer long in LSC.

Yep this year there is a TON of baitfish everywhere I've fished on the lake. The DR has a lot of baitfish in it as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice catch. Could someone explain to me what technique you guys are using with lipless cranks in 17 fow? I usually will throw them in 0-10 fow with weeds but have never tried to use them in deeper water. Is it the same basic principal - get them into the weeds and rip em out? I've yo-yo'd lipless baits in 10 fow. Is that the ticket in deeper stuff?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Amsuly @ Aug 26 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice catch. Could someone explain to me what technique you guys are using with lipless cranks in 17 fow? I usually will throw them in 0-10 fow with weeds but have never tried to use them in deeper water. Is it the same basic principal - get them into the weeds and rip em out? I've yo-yo'd lipless baits in 10 fow. Is that the ticket in deeper stuff?
We were using small diametar line (8lb.PowerPro). And making long casts with a slow steady retrieve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.