Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Made it out about 8:30 am after driving the wife to work.Thought i would start out shallow and target pike/bass in the shallower waters.I was setting up a rod to throw cranks,and mepps, decided to find some good weed growth with cabbage in 10fow a little south of memorial park,.Found some nice cabbage and thought i would send out a leech under a slip bobber while i got the rod ready.Had a nice slow drift going ,and flipped out the slip rod.in less than a minute,Fish on.It was like that for the next half hour, the bobber would hit the water, and in a minute or two,had another smallmouth on! Ran out of leeches,and tried crawlers, nowhere near as good.did start using the other rod to throw a #5 gold Mepps., and picked up two.The wind died, and i decided to troll for a half hour or so, with the light boat traffic.set up one rod with a Fire tiger hotntot and one with a bass shad rap.Started trolling ,let out the Hotntot, then went to grab the other rod and the first was already bouncin',reeled in this nice 4#!Gave up after 15minutes due to the bad floating weeds.It appears that there are still fish shallow,with the 75degree surface temp. Most of the fish were in the 2# range with a few between 3 and 4. bob

Water Liquid Fluid Body of water Lake

Fish Fin Ray-finned fish Fish products Tail

Attachments

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice job.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Good report and nice fish! Looks like you had a great time...
><((((*>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.