Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use or know anything about the new "Smart cast" remote sensor sonar from Humminbird?
Any thoughts on its possable use's.
Is it even worth the money?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stevie,

Yah, I know one of those" buddies" dropped about $400 on the old Yamamotos in the last 2 seasons.

·
Registered
39 Posts
BOUGHT THIS UNIT TO GET THE ADVANTAGE FROM SHORE FISHING.

IT'S AN OK UNIT.

NOT REALLY PACKAGE RIGHT. CAN'T STORE THE TRANSDUCER IN THE UNIT.

PLUS THERE ARE (2) OUTPUTS IN REAR OF UNIT THAT DON'T CONNECT TO ANYTHING.

THOUGHT YOU COULD SWITCH BETWEEN REMOTE TO CABLE TRANSDUCERS. HEY WOULDN'T THAT BE A BETTER DESIGN?

CAN'T USE THIS UNIT DURING COLD WINTER BECAUSE THE TRANSDUCERS WILL DROP IN PERFORMANCE.

MY FEEDBACK IS THE UNIT WORKS GOOD ENOUGH. THE TRANSDUCER COVERS 90 DEGS OF AREA . BUY THE EXTRA TRANSDUCER SO YOU CAN FISH WITH OTHER UNITS.

BUT IF YOU CAN BUY THIS UNIT AT SALE PRICE IT WOULD BE WORTH THE PURCHASE.

NOTHING LIKE HAVING UNDERWATER INFORMATION IN STREAMS,OFF PIERS OR OFF SHORE FISHING.

LIKE ANYTHING TOOL IT'S AS GOOD AS YOU MAKE IT.

ON A SCALE OF 1-10, I GIVE IT A 7.

BYE

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chuknduk,
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing. Using it for the "once in a great while" shore or river fishing excursion.
Ive had a few times where ive caught fish right next to break walls, but didn't dare get my boat close enough to see what the bottom contour was.
Also thought it would be a nice reserch tool prefishing for a tournament.

·
Registered
39 Posts
HEY BASSSLAYER,

THAT IS A GREAT IDEA PLACING THE TRANSDUCER OFF THE PLANER BOARD. THE RANGE IS 100' DISTANCE
PLUS THE 90 DEG TRANSDUCER SWEEP MAKES THIS A TOOL TO HAVE IN THE BOAT. MY OVERALL RATING ON THIS PRODUCT WENT FROM 7 TO 10. TOO BAD THERE ISN'T A SPLIT SCREEN DUAL/TRANSDUCER FINDER FOR PORT AND STARBOARD PLANER BOARDS. BUT YOU COULD BUY TWO FINDERS WITH TWO TRANSDUCERS, BECAUSE THEY HAVE TWO DIFFERENT FREQUENCY TRANSDUCERS, THIS COULD HAPPEN.

GOTOGO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts