Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope we can all agree ...

Cigarettes are litter. Be responsible and use an ashtray other than the lake.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
For as much as everyone out there loves the lake, why would some numbnuts just throw their butts in the lake?!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
There are always a ton of butts in the gauntlet at the Moot. I find myself pushing them out of the way all the time and it PISSES ME OFF!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Please take care of them the right way and not throw them in the water!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I was told by a man in Key West that cig butts can take up to ten years to decompose. I went on an island party and they were trying to ENCOURAGE us not to throw ciggs in the water. Maybe they exaggerated??? That's a long time

·
Registered
718 Posts
it seemed like there were plenty of beer cans around to put them in. They are a sick looking sight. Please people, lets all try to keep OUR waterways clean.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree!! I am a smoker and I always carry a butt can with me. I must of picked up a million butts yesturday...Please keep the water clean!!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Come on man, nobodys gonna crack a joke about the Butts in the water we all like to see. Like my sexy SEXY SWEET a$$!

Smoking is disgusting.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Jul 14 2003, 10:44 AM)Come on man, nobodys gonna crack a joke about the Butts in the water we all like to see. Like my sexy SEXY SWEET a$$!

Smoking is disgusting.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    45.3 KB Views: 1

·
Registered
18,824 Posts

snow !

ok,.. yes way too many cig-butts in the lake !!!!
please put them out, them throw them in the garbage...
to many boats have garbage bags on the back ogf them, please put them there....
i seen sooooo many cig butts out there, totally digusting.
i am a non smoker, please smoke and dispose of the left over carcinagen properly please ! <_<
i don't want to walk around in your ash tray

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
For the record... I keep 3 ashtrays on my boat, I always use them or find an empty can to use if I'm on a walkabout... And I'm trying to quit again... Made it from Wednesday till Sunday. Bought a pack and smoked it at "da Moot" yesterday, but haven't had any today!

Wish me luck!

P.S. I was pulling other peoples butts out of the water too...

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
I worked with this guy, he came in bitchen about this guy throwing out a McDonalds bag out his window. I let him vent and agreed, but I asked him why he was p!$$ed. He looked confused. I told him he has no room to talk. He asked "what do you mean?" I replied, "you think tossing Cigarettes isn't littering?"...he was like But...But... it biodegradable.

IT WAS MY TURN TO VENT!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Stayed at Metro Sat. Night....there were lots floating around the docks. I'm sure a lot (not all) of smokers don't even think about what they are doing. Get sick of seeing while driving a car also.

Hopefully those that smoke will one day get the strength to kick the addicting habit.

A coworker just died of cancer directly caused by her smoking. She was given 6 months or less to live in Feb/03. She made about 1 month feeling the same then 5 months of pain etc etc etc. Seeing what cancer did to her...all the weight she lost etc was horrible. Imagine having just one bed sheet lay on your legs and complaining it is hurting?!!?

Funny thing is, she saved a fellow coworker last summer while he was having a heart attack (CPR). He smoked, but never quit and is still with us. I guess his time is coming too?

Please stop smoking...everyone knows the health problems...right?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 14 2003, 05:22 PM)I worked with this guy, he came in bitchen about this guy throwing out a McDonalds bag out his window. I let him vent and agreed, but I asked him why he was p!$$ed. He looked confused. I told him he has no room to talk. He asked "what do you mean?" I replied, "you think tossing Cigarettes isn't littering?"...he was like But...But... it biodegradable.

IT WAS MY TURN TO VENT!

Gary........
i would have told him to put his a$$ where his mouth is!

·
&quot;Commodore of the ToT LoT&quot;
2,809 Posts
Don't know about this smoking thing????
All day long you see people throwing them out of their cars....I guess that carries over to the water too!!!
Not good either way!!!
The other reason I am responding to this thread is that I
caught what I think was a cigarette burn on one of my boat seats over the 4th of July. Pretty sure it was a airborne ash from another boat because know one has smoked aboard "Old XO" this year.
I don't know?? I guess it's one thing if a individual
damages their own body but it definitely changes when it affects our environment or damages one's "Craft on the Lake". Believe me the XO's are no saints after all we named our boat after a type of fine Cognac!!!

Just my .02 cents

XO

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
My solution would be to quit but if that can't happen. In West Virgina while rafting they have everyone field dress there smokes than put the butts back in the pack.

field dress: to remove the hot into the water and keep the rest of the butt.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I'm gonna take this topic to the next level and talk about littering in general! I HATE LITTER BUG!!!

I've always been totally against any form of littering!

Some of you may know that I worked at McDonalds for approx 12 years and in that time did alot of cleaning up after other people. When you've had to be the one picking up thoses cigarette butt's is when you learn to respect not littering-
Someone has to pick up every straw wrapper and cigarette butt off the parking lot- & it's gross!!!!

every time you throw something out the window, everytime you take off that straw wrapper while sitting in line at the drivethru and drop it out your window......someone else has to pick it up.....

I'm not just talking about resturant parking lots BUT everywhere............

I think the punishment for littering should be a large fine PLUS have to spend a day picking it up!

OK- off my soap box now

1 - 20 of 43 Posts