Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you guys are using the snap back plastic tubes, I've been trying them and seem to have trouble setting the hook. I had it texas rigged, almost weedless with just the tip of the hook coming out of the tube and still having trouble. That rubber is some tuff stuff but if you can't set the hook what good are they? Maybe I should just use tube jig instead any comments?

·
Registered
927 Posts
try using just a tube weight. even if your in grass, if you work the lure slow enough you wont get caught up as bad as you think with an exposed hook. i like to use a 60 degree tube head when fishing grass. seems to pull through a litttle better.

or you could try using an EWG hook when texas rigging. the EWG stands for extra wide gap. these hooks are designed for bulkier baits such as tubes. the wider gap allows the point of the hook to stick out farther through the bait and line up evenly with the side.

try different things. if nothing works, try a different tube, one that is not cyber flex or whatever

madman himself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts