Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for somebody or a shop that works on 85 yamaha's I have two of them that are hard starting and won't iddle. I am really busy at the shop and dont have time to piddle with them my self so if anyone knows somewhere that will do it for a fair price please let me know

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I find it hard to believe only 1 person jumped on this topic. But there is a guy in the st. clair shores on harper i think. A lot of people talked it up on the fishing pages. Carl,s boats or carl's marine. supposed to know their stuff.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I can assist. Won't take too long. Let me know when you get free time.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My buddy and me decided to go ahead and diagnose the sleds we found one with fowed plugs it runs fine now the other one had no compression on one of the pistons

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Feb 16 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My buddy and me decided to go ahead and diagnose the sleds we found one with fowed plugs it runs fine now the other one had no compression on one of the pistons
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Rebuild time! New rings

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(makowish @ Feb 18 2010, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Feb 16 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My buddy and me decided to go ahead and diagnose the sleds we found one with fowed plugs it runs fine now the other one had no compression on one of the pistons
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Rebuild time! New rings

Thats what i am thinking going to try and tear it down today

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Feb 18 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>found a hole in the piston
uh oh that is definetaly not an "Uh Oh better get maaco moment." LOL I'll do some searching for you steve, what year is it? I know there used to be a junkyard for sleds up at 23 mile and 94 area don't know if it is still there. I'll make some calls to some buddies up north and see if any of them have one laying around. they will probably give it to you, you will just have to drive up there and get it.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got it going now i have to sleds two of them running great bought them off a member of the site for 400 but 300 into one of them so now i have to good sleds one with a rebuilt motor for 700

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.