Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who say prayers... My son's 17 year old friend who moved to the Upper was killed this past weekend in a snowmobile accident. This is the first time that I saw tears in my son's eyes when he came into the room to tell us. Yesterday my son (18) and a friend left to go and pay their respects. They didn't make it up there until 1:30 in the morning and today is the funeral. The poor kid must have gotten lost but they made it.. Seeing his friend for the last time meant a lot to him. I didn't want him to go but I didn't say a word and supported his decision to go. I gave him the gas card and some money.
You don't have to reply to this thread.. But if you would just say a little prayer for my son's friend whose name is Daven, I'm sure he would appreciate the prayers...
Thanks

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your son's friend

With Tom just buying his sled... i will be very worried each time he takes off.

My thought and prayers go out to your son and his friend family.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That is a horrible thing.... I hope that things get as much back to normal as possible for everyone affected...

4 years ago my boss, and good friend was killed on his snowmobile..... it was a horrible

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Very . . . very sorry to hear.

As the father of a 15 year old daughter . . . I can relate to the pain you share with your child.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
thats terrible news !

so sorry,..my prayers go out for the family, and for you and your son to be strong.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The death of someone is always terrible, the holidays just compounds it. Our prayers with you and your son.

Kezzerone, if your talking about Dave that was a great loss also I knew him from the early 80's.

Tony

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I lost a friend at 17 ..........A very traumatic thing to go thru at that age....Though

accident is harder to deal with.....My thoughts go out to you and your son.....

Give him some extra strong support......Let him cry...Help him cry....Believe me...

It helps open the flood gates of emotion.....

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all who viewed this thread and said a prayer for Daven the boy who died and for strength for my son Adam..
To those who did reply my many thanks for the warm wishes and thoughts...

Now I'm saying prayers that my son makes it home safely... I know I'm just worrying but no matter how old your children get you always worry. My Dad is 92 and still worries about me believe it or not. Every trip I make for the company my Dad still tells me how to drive and to be careful... I guess thats what you call real love....

Tomorrow is a new day and I hope that I will have a smile on my face... God Bless All...

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.... That's what I'm listening to right now.. A great song.. :>)

·
Registered
380 Posts
QUOTE(super7 @ Dec 15 2003, 02:57 PM)Kezzerone, if your talking about Dave that was a great loss also I knew him from the early 80's.

Tony
Yes it was Dave....

I have worked at the Ski Company for 6 years now. Dave was a great guy and he will be missed. He was a great guy.

·
12,052 Posts
Sorry to hear that Rich. Thats terrible. We were just talking about that at moneyshots euchre party. One winter I went to three funerals from snowmobile accidents. Then in spring, a fund raiser for a young, very pretty single mom of two young daughters, that was in an accident and is now a quadriplegic. One of the guys and I were saying that's why we don't own them.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Dec 15 2003, 07:33 PM)Sorry to hear that Rich. Thats terrible. We were just talking about that at moneyshots euchre party. One winter I went to three funerals from snowmobile accidents. Then in spring, a fund raiser for a young, very pretty single mom of two young daughters, that was in an accident and is now a quadriplegic. One of the guys and I were saying that's why we don't own them.
Yeah, we got one but we just ride it around the back property or the roads when cars can get up or down them... THanks Hammer...

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
F.Y.I
My son thank God made it home this morning after driving all night from the furthest part of the Upper to back home. He told my wife that he was sick of driving and that he also got a 10 over speeding ticket in the Upper.
His friend who was killed was traveling at a high rate of speed on the snomobile, missed the turn so to speak and the sled went one way and he went the other way head first into a tree. He was by himself and another person on a snowmobile found him and contacted the police. There was so much head trama that the poor boy had a closed casket. Not having any insurance on the boy or very little money, his mother had to have the boy cremated. My son now has closure and this is the end of the story..
To everyone who has a snowmobile please be careful when having fun....

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I am soo sorry to hear of another life taken. I have very mixed feelings about snowmobiles. One of my husbands best friends, Joe Sakuta, a boater for many years, was killed on Christmas night in 1999. The police report stated that he was only going about 30-35 when he hit a tree..... One of the funerals Hammer was talking about probably... It was a nightmare for all of us.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Dec 16 2003, 08:25 AM)F.Y.I
My son thank God made it home this morning after driving all night from the furthest part of the Upper to back home. He told my wife that he was sick of driving and that he also got a 10 over speeding ticket in the Upper.
His friend who was killed was traveling at a high rate of speed on the snomobile, missed the turn so to speak and the sled went one way and he went the other way head first into a tree. He was by himself and another person on a snowmobile found him and contacted the police. There was so much head trama that the poor boy had a closed casket. Not having any insurance on the boy or very little money, his mother had to have the boy cremated. My son now has closure and this is the end of the story..
To everyone who has a snowmobile please be careful when having fun....
That is terrible news....

It actually happened to me when I was 14, my first time on a sled.....but I just missed the tree and landed in a snowbank.

My thoughts and prayers go tout to your son and his friends family.

Mini

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Dec 16 2003, 08:47 AM)One of the funerals Hammer was talking about probably...
Yes it was.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts