Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all the talk that was happening back in January and February about the Atkins Plan or South Beach Diet or working out I was wondering who met their goals and who is still where they were or worse than when that resolution to shape up was made????

I know of only one person that has made a profound change in his appearance - CBJ (rumdaddy, fagabon, etc...) He definatly has stuck to his program.

I didn't do so well myself, still trying to get started.

Anyone else joining CBJ in proudly displaying their new bodies in Speedos or Thongs this summer out in the Moot????

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Down 9 lbs. myself.....not much, but better than the other way

I'm very proud of CBJ.....it's not easy.....

I'm not on Atkins....I don't like fat (believe it or not) and not on SB....don't feel like reading/following directions....I just eat salmon, chicken, salads, veggies and some fruit. Very little carbs....they seem to make the weight stick like super glue. <_< oh, and lots of water

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Since changing my eating habits last fall and following a strict lunch time weightlifting and cardio workout schedule(startin 1/5), I've been able to get down to a comfy 215-220#'s.

I very happy being stronger now than when I was younger (18) and heavier.

It helps having a workout partner at work and a flexible boss that will let us take 1 - 2 hour lunches to finish our routine. Boss also works out with us a couple times of week.

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
I dunno, I'm just starting out on the south beach as soon as I can go shopping for real food. If I look more fit next time you see me then it's working...

I'm going to miss my carbs

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I lost 40 lbs in 4 weeks on the Atkins Diet. Feel great and still keeping it off and finally eating normal foods, just being careful. Not too much bread and pasta. It really works.

My brother lost 118 in 3 months....

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I've lost about 10 pounds and I've also lost quite a few inches every where. It's going slow, but i'm seeing the results thanks to Fit Chicks advice regarding diet a couple months ago. I have about 7 more pounds to go to get to my goal weight.

Working out has done a few good things to my bod also. Still a ways to go, but I'm feeling much better about myself

·
12,052 Posts
I lost about 9lbs. Not on a diet, just too busy to eat.

·
Registered
487 Posts
To date I've lost 17lbs. in 4.5 weeks, once I got past the first couple of days of wanting to lick every bread bag wrapper in the store I was fine and food doesn't appear to be a "driver" for me anymore. A lot of people have complained of feeling tired on the South Beach (or Atkins for that matter) but I found if I worked out more(ok 3 - 4 times a week=more) I wasn't pooped (doh!!! I said the poop word, there goes the topic) Not quite ready for a thong yet
and still would rather see a women in a bad thong then any man in a good one
but I feel great and lookin' fwd to buying new clothes soon.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You could say it was crappin out another person. Thats a human....

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Diane (Headbanger girl) is down 45 lbs I am down 30lbs. Tell ya what I feel great my cloths are fitting better and my back does not hurt. OH BTW Headbanger girl is looking awsome

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(tsunamihart @ Jun 2 2004, 02:00 PM)once I got past the first couple of days of wanting to lick every bread bag wrapper in the store I was fine
funny visual!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(soosassy @ Jun 2 2004, 02:13 PM)QUOTE(tsunamihart @ Jun 2 2004, 02:00 PM) once I got past the first couple of days of wanting to lick every bread bag wrapper in the store I was fine
funny visual!!

Funny, but true. Once you get past those first 4-5 days, it's a breeze... But you've gotta be firm and do it. I worked out too and the back is feeling soooo much better. I had to do this if I wanted to ski more this summer. So all is well and looking to lose another 15 lbs and then I'll be happy.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Feel pretty good about it overall....

still keep fighting with 8 to 10 pounds..get rid of it...it comes right back... <_<

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Atkins Diet totally changed my life. I lost 95 pounds to date!!! I started in February, 2001. My goal was 80 but I just wanted to keep going. I now workout three times a week and play volleyball and softball. I'm in better shape now than I was 10 years ago!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts