Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a little kid ram his door into the side of my truck,

after picking up my girls from Vacation Bible School and the kid just happens to be in my oldest's class. I couldn't scream at the kid or his Mother in the church parking lot
I even parked in the back so this wouldn't happen, apparently his mother did too because she had a new truck. Now I have a small ding in my truck, I could just cry.

IT JUST MAKES ME MAD!!!!!

Has this happened to you?

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
did she at least stop and exchange insurance infor with you?
Last year while I was up north, a drunk tried to park starsky and hutch style by sliding sideways into his spot and hit my truck while my wife was inside shopping.
He just got out and left like nothing ever happened. Witnesses came forward, waited for my wife to come out of the store and gave her the story. He never did show back up that day, but the cops did. My truck was fixed on him

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Church parking lot or not, I would have been bitching up a storm.

Or at least get their liscense plate # and report it to your insurance. My dad did that when my brother witnessed my dad's van getting keyed and got their plate # and AAA went after them.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
It happens all the time. Thank God my Avalanche has plastic panels on the sides...

One day I was waiting in the truck and this lady came out and was getting her kid out of the child car seat and her rear end kept bumping her door in to the side of my truck. I got out of the truck and asked her nicely if she would stop banging the side of my truck and I can't begin to tell you what she had to say to me. A lot of nasty words... So, I politely told her that if she lost some weight maybe her big fat A$$ wouldn't hit the door .... She said a few nasty words and I moved my truck.... My wife said maybe she was having a bad day. Yeah Right!!!!

Sorry about your ding Jennifer...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jun 22 2004, 01:19 PM)So, I politely told her that if she lost some weight maybe her big fat A$$ wouldn't hit the door ....
How do you say that politely?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Top gun, glad you got your truck fixed there are wacko's out there! Too funny Perfect Fit

She said she would pay to get it fixed and I will see her all week when I pick up my girls, but I want big daileyinterest to look at it first when he gets home. The door/paint will never be the same

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think some people just don't get it (like high beams - a big pet peeve of mine) - they think hitting your car with their door is acceptable and sometimes unavoidable. I was sitting in my car between classes one day and this chick goes to her car next to mine, opens her door firmly into my car, and then just lets it sit there! I rolled my window down and asked her to please get her door off my car. She looked at me like i was an a-hole! (OK, i might have said "f-ing door":)) The point is, she knew i was sitting in my car and she didn't think anything of it.

Having valet parked cars for a number of years, maybe i'm just over-sensitive too. One thing i always thought was funny - our parking lot was entirely mandatory valet. Some guys wanted to park their own cars so they wouldn't get dinged. I'd usually politely explain that parking every car in the lot myself was the only way i could guarantee that there would be no dings, and be responsible for any damage. Some guys got it, some never did.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I had three dings (no paint damage) in my front passenger door caused by a windy day + a Target shopping cart (I watched it happen and almost threw up). I took it to the dealership and they subbed it out to their ding-person. It was tougher than they thought it would be, but they stuck to the original estimate ($150) and it looks good as new.

Now I just have to get the driver's door fixed, but that's a different story...

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 22 2004, 12:22 PM)QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jun 22 2004, 01:19 PM) So, I politely told her that if she lost some weight maybe her big fat A$$ wouldn't hit the door ....
How do you say that politely?

I was trying to be polite and she opened up her big fat mouth and started ragging on me. When somone does that I have to let loose and stop being polite. And I said it just like that...
If you lost some weight maybe your big fat A$$ wouldn't be shoving your door into the side of my truck....

Sorry Ms. P about my secret side.... But dang, she deserved it....

Again Jennifer, you should have mentioned it to the kids mother. Church or no church....

Sorry, I see that you did mention it...

·
12,052 Posts
I would have told your two daughters to gang up on the little brat and kick his a$$. Then go over and beotch slap the mother.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Jun 22 2004, 02:16 PM)I would have told your two daughters to gang up on the little brat and kick his a$$. Then go over and beotch slap the mother.
Right in the church parking lot? haha

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I had this happen to me and I didn't witness it. I went to a body shop and they said to call the police of where you found the damage and make a report. Then cal your insurance company. The insuance company then fixed the dent and repainted my door not once but twice since the color didn't match, for nothing! The claim it is considered a hit and run! And they even waved the deductable!

G

·
You're lucky Mike. I had someone clip my rear bumper and plastic rear side panel on my last Avalanche at a Toys are Us parking lot. There was a guy there who witnessed it and got the license #, so I called my insurance and filed a police report. The other party claimed it wasn't them, so AAA sent the witness a form to fill out to say exactly what he saw. He sat on it and never sent it back to them. I called him a couple of times, and he just blew it off. So for some f'ed up reason, AAA wouldn't pay the $500 deductible. I would have been better off if nobody had seen it at all...

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I had a similar thing as TripleCrown, happen to me.
I was sleeping in my truck between classes, when I heard and felt a big thud. That's when I noticed a car had pulled up next to me and "doored" my truck.

I got out to look for damage and said some things to her, and her reply was, "I didn't know anybody was in there."

Does that really matter, lady???

I noticed her car was parked all crooked. I explained that if she learned how to park straight and split the difference between the yellow lines, stuff like that wouldn't happen. She walked off without saying anything. Luckily, it didn't do any damage to my door.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I'm getting p1$$ed just reading this.........What the f??? You work hard for what you have and to have some pig come along and damage your property w/o a care in the world is just wrong. People aren't raised right or something.

Way too many stories to post.....All I can say is if I catch you....I'll kick your door in. period. Zero tolerance for destructive people.

PF....I would have loved to have been a fly on the car!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(freckles @ Jun 22 2004, 01:46 PM)I had three dings (no paint damage) in my front passenger door caused by a windy day + a Target shopping cart
OH NO! Not a Tar"shay" cart

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Yep, 'fraid so. I was heartbroken at the thought that a cart from a store where I spend so much of my hard-earned cash could cause me so much pain...

Good thing it wasn't a Costco cart!

The driver's side door is jacked up from me hyper-extending it as I backed out of the garage with my door open. It got hung up on one of the kids' bikes and the lawn mower (neither harmed). The door gets fixed next week, and yes, I'm claiming it (embarassingly) on my insurance.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Freckles....OUCH! I would hate to explain that one to the hubby
What a bummer, no one else to blame. <_<

·
Registered
15 Posts
It never fails. You are very careful not to park close to anyone and teach your kids to be careful not to ding and it happens to you. It makes me mad too. Brand new Explorer HUGE ding!! We used to have a winter beater and could park that thing 2" from other cars and NOTHING every happened to it. I would have went off!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts