Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Hmmmm.....I would have to say my closest claim to fame would be that my Dad's best friend dated Madona's Mom back in the day before she was famous.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Mark Wells played on the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team (they beat the U.S.S.R.) grew up 2 streets away from me.Also Faye Grant (Actress) grew up two streets from me.I know both of them. <_<

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Racking my brain......I don't know if you would call them famous.....but, for those hockey fans I went to school with the Hatcher brothers. I was good friends with their sister Lindsay all throughout highschool. Haven't seen them since except for on t.v.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I have met a ton of celeberties and atheletes working for Jim Reid/Joe Niewenport/Ronnie Masters. At the Emerald/Royal Oak Music Theatre/Freedom Hill. Havnt worked a show recently but will again soon.

Kid Rock
Uncle Cracker
Eddie Money
Stained
Queit Riot
Fuel
Sponge
Aretha Franklin
Hootie & the blow fish
9 days
Nickel Back
Skid Row
Tommy Lees new band
Bush
Shaggy
Cheap Trick
98 degrees
Sugar Ray

Theirs alot more. Sometimes Im a runner sometimes and sometimes Im a stage hand. Being back stage all the time I meet other celeberties and atheletes who show up for the show. Lots of Red Wings, Kirk Gibson,Jim Brewer and that really fat guy, Louie Anderson a few others. Im not suposed to approach them, sometimes their really cool and will eat with us and BS a lot and other times they got like security and were asked to not even look at them.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Bob Bauer?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I dont know of any celebs that I am related too, but if you count being on National Geographic, The Travel Channel, The Learning Channel, Discovery, Nova, The Paul Harvey Show, GEO (Germany and western Europes version of our Discovery or Learning channel) and numerous newspapers and magazines, the I guess I would have to say........ME.

Sorry for tooting my own horn, but I am the celebrityest person I know.

Oh yea, I was on the Bozo Show when I was about 8 or 9 and in the Cub Scouts. I got to ask him his shoe size. Size 84EEEE was the reply.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ May 22 2003, 01:02 AM)Oh yea, I was on the Bozo Show when I was about 8 or 9 and in the Cub Scouts. I got to ask him his shoe size. Size 84EEEE was the reply.

I dreamed of meeting Bozo when i was a little girl....then i developed a fear of clowns for some reason??

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I think Keith Hernandez is a relative somewhere along my mexican side of the family
ANNNNDDD...he was on Seinfeld ...celeb by association??

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ May 22 2003, 01:40 AM)Bob Bauer?
Oh, yes........Bob the dancin' machine!

PJim........my sister was on there, too! She's about your age!
Remember watching and laughing at her. She went with the blue birds and thought Bozo was the coolest thing.

·
Registered
353 Posts
When I was stationed in NYC, I shared a piece of the bar with Tom Cruise. We talked for a couple of minutes and I got my A$$ kicked by the waitresses after he left because they didn't notice and I didn't make a big stink about it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Oh yeah ...... Got to sit and chat with Karen Newman at a Wings game a couple of years ago .........

·
Registered
342 Posts
We used to go to Kid Rocks partys in high school. We all thought he sucked and would trash the place.

I also get approached because I look like Uncle Kracker, I once signed some autographs as him at Second City once. Plus it helps that he's a personal friend of my friend, so we've partied a couple times,,nice guy

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Don't think I'm related to anyone famous and I haven't really met anyone all that famous that I know of... well, no one too cool. Uncle Kracker... but who hasn't met him!?! That was at the Ante M concert LSCN went to. I met Mr. T and the guy who played Bobby in Karate Kid I... don't remember his name though. Also hung out with D. Coleman for a summer when I was 17... the Pistons just played his team last round.... not too exciting but the pictures of us together are pretty funny. I came up to just under his nipple.... I felt like a midget!!!! lol

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I guess mine would be that my cousin and her husband are real good friends with Uncle Kracker.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 22 2003, 03:07 AM)My uncle's cousin is Christopher Columbus - he's a director. Never met him and he doesn't even know I exist though!!! lol

We used to live down the street from Alice Cooper's aunt when we were growing up too. "Whoopdidydoo" ( Snowmaker, May 21, 2003, http://www.lakestclair.net/forums/index.ph...t=ST&f=6&t=4400 )

The closet thing i can think of is my cousin is next door neighbors with Clint Eastwood... They live in Carmel Calif.~ My cousin and his wife hang out together... how cool!!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
ok, this ain't bragging, so i dont' mean it to come off like that but...

actor:drew carey, met pam anderson once...wow.

music: uncle kracker, sebastian bach, (eddie) montgomery (troy)gentry (country singers), proof, twisted brown trucker, met kid rock once, pete the twistin tarantula's base player that's in the TCF commercials

det lions: dave sloan(former te, went to college with) (whom i dated briefly), stoney case(former qb, went to college with), chris claiborne, ty talon (former lion, currently playing wherever), ron rice, mike utley

red wings: sergei federov, chris osgood (dated for 2 weeks, JERK)

Detroit Drive: the 2 drive squads i was on, coach marcum..ok, the 92&93 detroit drive teams--lol

radio: doug podell, drew & mike, carolynstone, meltdown, screamin scott, arthur p, deminsky & doyle (deminsky stalked me), kramer & twitch, BOB BAUER, dave fuller, lisa lisa, the freak & buckhead, mojo

other: bob neugebauer, a couple of fury cheerleaders, yoda, rude jude

i'm a picture nut, so i'm sure you could imagine my photo collection !Lol!!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ May 22 2003, 08:58 AM)... a couple of fury cheerleaders, ...
I thought it said "furry cheerleaders" at first.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
well, sometime when they don't shave! loL!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts