Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Softball

3K views 61 replies 15 participants last post by  TripleG 
#1 ·
Within two days of my posting that I gave up on the coed softball team I received about 8 PM's from girls looking to play.
I'm taking one more try at this.....
All guys and girls wanting to play ball please call me and leave me your name and number. If I get enough people I'll run down and pay the team reg. and we'll plan a practice or two....

My number is 586-212-9737

Thanks,
Gregg

#3 ·
I'm in, I'll give you a call today.

#6 ·
QUOTE(Eagle1 @ Mar 8 2004, 10:00 AM)let me know the details. sure!
SNIP>

Hey kids, spring is on its way and you know what that means….Yep, softball.
Do you play softball? Have you ever played softball and want to play again? Have you ever wanted to play softball but were too afraid to try?

Instead of doing the usual Wednesday night men's league this year I was thinking about putting together a co-ed team. This will be a just for fun team. While it's always nice to win, I would rather have fun and loose then make it feel like work and win all the time.
We will be playing at Total Sports in Mt. Clemens .We will play every other week on Friday nights and every week we play will be a DH.(double header) Game times will be 8:20 & 9:25 beginning the week of April 5.
I have some people signed up already but I am looking for 7 more males & 7 more
females. I would like to have at least 18 people on the team for those weeks someone can't make it or in case someone can't play both games. All are welcome!

I have someone looking around trying to find me a team sponsor. If she finds one, playing will be free if they cover the fees and buy shirts. If they only cover ½ the fees and by shirts the cost will be about $25 per regular player and the subs will play for free.
If no sponsor is found it will cost about $87 + shirts per person. One thing I have learned in the past is if a bar sponsors a team they like to see the team in there every now and then so you will be expected to go out after the games once in a while.

I plan to start having practices about three weeks before the first game and you will be expected to attend most of the practice sessions. I would like to have two sessions per week. While the object is to have fun, I don't want to look like a bunch of fools out there.

PM me or reply to this if you want to play or need more info.
Thanks,
Gregg

#9 ·
Looks like we gots a team!
I would like to start having Wed. evening practices.
The cost is going to be $40 per player, if I get a sponsor you will get some or all of that back.
I will post the players names when I get more time.
Any questions or problems.....call me: 586-212-9737

Thanks,
Gregg

#10 ·
Ok, here is the team as it stands right now. If there are any corrections, let me know asap.

Ray H.*
Gregg W.
Tom P.
Mike C.
Dave F.
Alan*
Dan A.*
Jack O.*
Scott S.
Chris T.*

Shannon W.
Anne C.
Laney*
Lisa E.*
Beckie*
Amelia H.*
Vicki*
Donna A.*
Linda V*

* notes LSCN peoples

Not everyone is going to be able to play, if you want to be just a sub, let me know and I'll put you on a subs list. You will only play if needed and won't pay.

We have diamonds 1 & 2 at Total Sports to practice on every Wed. evening and every Sunday afternoon / evening.
I would like to have a practive every Wed. evening and would everyone that can make it to do so. (6:00 - dark)
We will do Sundays only if people want to....

The money is due April 1 so I will need to collect from everyone playing asap.

I am going bar hopping & sponsor hunting tonight....

Thanks,
Gregg
dentedprop@comcast.net

#17 ·
Our team is being sponsored by a bar on Jefferson (1/2 mile soth of Metro Parkway) called Murphy's Law.

If the team peeps have no plans for tomorrow (3-17), please think about stopping in for a drink or two and let them know your on their softball team.

I also need all the team memers to PM me with their shirt size.
( s, m , L, etc...)

thanks,
Ggg

#18 ·
QUOTE(NoCode @ Mar 16 2004, 09:12 AM)Our team is being sponsored by a bar on Jefferson (1/2 mile soth of Metro Parkway) called Murphy's Law.

If the team peeps have no plans for tomorrow (3-17), please think about stopping in for a drink or two and let them know your on their softball team.

I also need all the team memers to PM me with their shirt size.
( s, m , L, etc...)

thanks,
Ggg
Nice Job Gregg.

I'll PM you tomorrow. Have to go home and see what size my last jersey is.

#22 ·
QUOTENoCode Posted on Mar 16 2004, 11:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plan on $25 per person

I would like to have a practice on Sunday afternoon....

Cool, I can be there on Sunday as far as I know. Can bring the cabbage then.

#23 ·
Please make sure that practice is scheduled for sometime after 2:30 because the ladies have the Addicted to Accessories show to attend from 11:30-2:30 on Sunday afternoon. Actually 3:30 would be good, that way we have time to run from the Chop House in Mt. Clemens to Total sports and get changed. Practice is at Total Sports right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.