Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
get out boating again.

Yesterday tabs stuck with a Startboard list. How much is the module, guess I will be finding out real soon.
Bennet CPU Part# IC2110

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have one that doesn't work and both switches work one so I also will be trouble shooting mine soon... Hoping for life to slow down a bit so I can take some time for this...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Call Bennett, they're real helpful, they can help you troubleshoot.

There are two solenoids and a motor. One solenoid for each side, and the motor is reversible for up and down. It's probably just a bad solenoid, or a bad connection. My port side stuck this spring, ran intermittently here and there, sometimes would go one way and not the other, ended up being a pin pulling out of the connector.

Get back there with a multimeter and start testing, you should be able to narrow it down pretty quick and get it fixed up. If you need parts, Bennett will often give you small stuff for free (seals and whatnot), and you can probably pick up a module from earl the pearl.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(sleeper @ Jun 29 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Call Bennett, they're real helpful, they can help you troubleshoot.

There are two solenoids and a motor. One solenoid for each side, and the motor is reversible for up and down. It's probably just a bad solenoid, or a bad connection. My port side stuck this spring, ran intermittently here and there, sometimes would go one way and not the other, ended up being a pin pulling out of the connector.

Get back there with a multimeter and start testing, you should be able to narrow it down pretty quick and get it fixed up. If you need parts, Bennett will often give you small stuff for free (seals and whatnot), and you can probably pick up a module from earl the pearl.

Thanks Sleeper I'll call Bennett,

Nothing works at all. I tested the 12 volt connector feeding the pcu and fuse no problem there 12 volt DC-OK-

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Call Dave Blaz
if you have an ongoing issue.
Is it a solenoid?

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Bennett was helpful for me. They sent me a seal kit free.

The solenoids and seats are very easy to remove (watch for a spring). If your tab is down, be prepared for a fair amount of fluid when you thread out the solenoid, because if all is well with the actuator, the tab will retract under spring tension.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I had to use that technique this spring when one got stuck down. It looked like I bled all over the place, made a mess of the bilge!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 29 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Call Dave Blaz
if you have an ongoing issue.
Is it a solenoid?
I second calling Blaz if you don't want to spend countless hours messing with it. 907-1207.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts