Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get anything new to use on the pond this upcoming season? I got a Minn-Kota Co-Pilot and can`t wait to try it out. I also got a few new bucktails from Muskie Bob that I`m looking forward to using. Had a nice chat with the legend himself today at the boatshow.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I got some tubes...and some tubes...and some tubes...lol. Oh, and I got a couple Avid Crankbait rods (not necessarily for the pond per se, but they're new for this upcoming season -- I love throwing crankbaits!). I also ended up buying a Shimano Castaic Super Free off of ebay for a really sweet price. I've been thinking about getting a drift sock as well, but I'm not really sure if I will use it all that much. Any experience on the board using driftsocks? What do you think, are they worth it?

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I think you will totally enjoy the drift sock, it so easy to use ,it works so well you'll be happy you got one. It slow's you to the perfect drift speed on those windy days. Not much is worse than burning over that good drift area when the winds a bit up. You won't believe how easy it is to use, effortless retrieving the sock once it's in the water. If you like to drift do yourself a favor, gets a the drift sock. The length of your boat will determine the size you get.

h2o<----say BPS has all the size's

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I got a new pair of low-temperature, low-movement, 2-layer, polyester/wool-blend long underware. Plan on giving them the test tomorrow.
Actually, I used them deer hunting on Dec. 27 & 28. Didn't see a deer but stayed nice and toasty.

·
Registered
467 Posts
A driftsock certainly isn't a huge investment, that's for sure. I'll keep it on my list for the upcoming season...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I almost forgot that I also picked up some Berkley Gulp. I`ll give it the test for sure. H20 hit the nail on the head about drift socks. A great addition to any boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts