Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Look at her rocord Laura. We judge nominees on how they've ruled, not on what they say.

These hearings bring nothing new to life and only add to the partisan politics as usual. Sotomayor's record will stand up against anyone's out there.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Actually, never mind.

People can always find bad things to say about good people. We probably just have different opinions about policy stuff, and I'm okay with that.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
All I know is if a white man ever said anything about making a better decision than non-whites, they'd be banned from the planet! Enough said. She's got to go...

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(chivo @ Jul 15 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All I know is if a white man ever said anything about making a better decision than non-whites, they'd be banned from the planet! Enough said. She's got to go...

but it's OK because here race has been oppressed for so many generations. Oh wait, she is Hispanic, there has been no oppression towards them. What is the difference between her and Monica Conyers? One is a racist and the other took a bribe.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Adam that is a term I would gladly wrap myself in when it comes to Conyers
I have close to 100 people who live in the city of Detroit that work for me. These people have been sold a load of BS for so long that they believe it. Very good people just brainwashed. After 50 years they are still living in a sewer as their conniving leaders sell them on salvation while they steal from them behind their backs.

This has nothing to do with Sotomayer however. She's a lock so there's no reason to worry about it. Funny so much is made of her race when she's not the first nominee to be hispanic...

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(adamfish @ Jul 15 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Schadenfreude

I would hope that wasn't directed towards me? Being 50% German, I understand the meaning of the word, and know it's proper place.

The only satisfaction I gained from Conyers' fall is that I can now go back down to Detroit.

What we all, the American People, stand to loose with her in the Supream Court is far worse than having Ginsberg in one of the other seats. This a political conversation, and could easily get very heated, so I'm just gonna assume that you were not calling anybody names, just making a baseless statement.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
You got me on the percentage Mike. I'm only 25% German

Not calling you names. I do get sick of hearing people talk down about people for doing their job. Sotomayor is going to be one of the nine most powerful citizens in our country. To get there she's obviously spent decades doing what is right. Now because of political beliefs (and it's nothing more), people start calling her racist. The only thing I can conclude is that they get satisfaction from talking bad about her because thier remarks are baseless.

I get especially annoyed when it happens in the Sportsman Forum because it belongs in the Political Forum. This is typically a relaxed place to chat. This kind of BS thread should be elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 15 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Eh, maybe?
But since we are sportsmen and women and we all own firearms and I'm concerned about the 2nd Ammendment, I posted it here.

She was chosen by the useless president based on her second ammendment beliefs, and yes it is part of his agenda, look at chicago. Her abortion, 2a, and total of political beliefs must directly allign with his, but in this instance it deals with the second ammendmend and sportsmen and women, this is a right we hold dear and will not surrender.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 15 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 15 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Eh, maybe?
But since we are sportsmen and women and we all own firearms and I'm concerned about the 2nd Ammendment, I posted it here.

She was chosen by the useless president based on her second ammendment beliefs, and yes it is part of his agenda, look at chicago. Her abortion, 2a, and total of political beliefs must directly allign with his, but in this instance it deals with the second ammendmend and sportsmen and women, this is a right we hold dear and will not surrender.

very well said, and don't forget that she makes much better decisions than a white man.
I'm just using a quote from her. I don't want anyone thinking I'm just making this crap up. If you want to see her say it, just google it, or go on Youtube.

Oh yeah, and how many decisions has she had overturned by the Supream Court? Now who is gonna overturn her wrong verdicts? Oh lord help us. We need you badly now.

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Jul 15 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 15 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 15 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Eh, maybe?

Oh yeah, and how many decisions has she had overturned by the Supream Court? Now who is gonna overturn her wrong verdicts? Oh lord help us. We need you badly now.

3 out of 232

Matt

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(tcg @ Jul 15 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Jul 15 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 15 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 15 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Eh, maybe?

3 out of 232

Matt

thank you. And just think if they didn't? What wrong could have been caused?
I would much rather see GWB in the chair than her. He may have been a goofball, but he was a man of his word, and LOVED guns.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(tcg @ Jul 15 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Jul 15 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 15 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 15 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Eh, maybe?

3 out of 232

Matt

If I made the wrong decision in my line of work as much as her (1.29%) I would be dead, or at very least severly dismembered.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts