Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
My son got himself a car a few months back. It's a 92 Cadillac. I'm sure it was nice in its day, but it's not in the best shape now.

It appears that the water pump self destructed. Normally that's not a tough thing to replace, but the engine is turned sidewise. I can barely get my hands in to where the pump is.

Pump was from NAPA and is under warranty, so I'm trying to help my son find either someone who is able to switch water pumps on this beast, or has a tow hitch I can borrow to get it to a shop his sister knows.

Boy do I miss the days of my 76 Duster with enough room around the engine that you could just about get inside under the hood with it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry I'm to far away to help, but some tips for that car. The 4.9 in that car not only had problems with the water pumps but the front cover that it bolts to also can leak after changing a water pump if you are not careful. The waterpump has 2 torx bolts that can be difficult to remove.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(MrGoodwrench @ Sep 8 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry I'm to far away to help, but some tips for that car. The 4.9 in that car not only had problems with the water pumps but the front cover that it bolts to also can leak after changing a water pump if you are not careful. The waterpump has 2 torx bolts that can be difficult to remove.
Good to know

·
Registered
219 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 8 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My son got himself a car a few months back. It's a 92 Cadillac. I'm sure it was nice in its day, but it's not in the best shape now.

It appears that the water pump self destructed. Normally that's not a tough thing to replace, but the engine is turned sidewise. I can barely get my hands in to where the pump is.

Pump was from NAPA and is under warranty, so I'm trying to help my son find either someone who is able to switch water pumps on this beast, or has a tow hitch I can borrow to get it to a shop his sister knows.

Boy do I miss the days of my 76 Duster with enough room around the engine that you could just about get inside under the hood with it.

I am in harrison township if you can get it to me i can change it - ill charge you like $150 my house is in the 15 mile and harper area

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Sea Bag @ Sep 10 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 8 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My son got himself a car a few months back. It's a 92 Cadillac. I'm sure it was nice in its day, but it's not in the best shape now.

I am in harrison township if you can get it to me i can change it - ill charge you like $150 my house is in the 15 mile and harper area

Thanks, but I made arangements with Hazy. Working on transport now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 10 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Sea Bag @ Sep 10 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 8 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My son got himself a car a few months back. It's a 92 Cadillac. I'm sure it was nice in its day, but it's not in the best shape now.

Thanks, but I made arangements with Hazy. Working on transport now.

No problem Glad you found someone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.