Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its hard to catch anything when i cant get my boat out of the drive way bussiness is doing better but now i am working my but off and am to tired to go fishing i cant wait for the fall wally run and then its dear season for me

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I commend your success. I would love to start my own business. Have the skills, the capital, and the ambition. But I lack the 'nads. At least I am honest.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Sep 10 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I commend your success. I would love to start my own business. Have the skills, the capital, and the ambition. But I lack the 'nads. At least I am honest.

I commend as well - glad to hear things are better! - LittleGuy, I know the feeling... but if you are in a service-type business (sales, consulting, etc) that doesn't take a lot of capital to start and you have some contacts/customers/prospects then there isn't a HUGE risk (always a risk, but there are no guarantees when working for "the man" either that's FOR SURE). I would encourage you to give serious consideration to being your own boss, but only you know the situation you're in

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went through 40 grand in no time if i had the brains i would still be working for some one else this is alot of stress next week if things continue the way they are right now i am going to become a sponser on here but i am recoverying from august wich is always a bad month in this bussiness but the upside is you are your own boss but you have tons of bills that tell you what you can and can not do

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Glad to hear things are picking up Steve, If I had the cash flow and a broken trans my truck would come to you. But if any of my friends trans go out I am definetaly going to send them your way.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Glad to hear it's picking up for ya!!! I know my business is finally moving along again! Talk about stress!!!!!!

Kurt as far as having the balls you've got'em you just don't want to put them out there to get kicked around. If you do plenty of research and choose very carefully there are businesses out there that are doing very well. You just have to dig deep and find those diamonds in the rough. Once you it's the fun & stress filled life of a SBO for ya! It's the best and worst thing that could ever happen to you.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Sep 10 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its hard to catch anything when i cant get my boat out of the drive way bussiness is doing better but now i am working my but off and am to tired to go fishing i cant wait for the fall wally run and then its dear season for me

Too tired to fish? Just take a little nap on the boat.

Congrats on the business success. I always prefer to audit businesses that are doing well versus those that are going under.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did tons of research and i had even worked at this place for 5 years. It used to do about 20 grand a week now i am happy if it does that a month

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.