Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday November 16th around 8:30 pm me and my buddy were at the 7-11 on jefferson when we pulled out we seen a small light brown dog running around . so we drove across the street (dead end sign unsure of street name) that is when we got a good look at it. it wasn't a dog , it was a small fox .. i tried taking a pic with the cell phone but it wasn't even visible in the photo too dark outside.. this isn't the 1st time i personally have seen one ... Last fall around this time i seen a larger Red fox at the st.Lucy's church near that hill they have. this sighting was later at night id say 2:30 -3am .

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Are foxes common in Michigan?

I live over by St. John's Marsh in St. Clair County and have seen a fox a few times. I have no idea if it's the same one or there are more than one running around.

Matt

·
Registered
691 Posts
I saw one in the median of John R just N of 14 mile (right across from Sears) just after 6 am on my way to work. It had something in its mouth (rodent maybe?). Had to take double and triple look to make sure that is really what I was seeing.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Wife works in the Ren Cen and has pics of a red fox from the security cameras on multiple nights. The fox was following just out of sight behind people walking the riverfront seemingly looking for food that people sometimes drop. I saw the pics. 110% red fox.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE(GhostHunter8611 @ Nov 19 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Monday November 16th around 8:30 pm me and my buddy were at the 7-11 on jefferson when we pulled out we seen a small light brown dog running around . so we drove across the street (dead end sign unsure of street name) that is when we got a good look at it. it wasn't a dog , it was a small fox .. i tried taking a pic with the cell phone but it wasn't even visible in the photo too dark outside.. this isn't the 1st time i personally have seen one ... Last fall around this time i seen a larger Red fox at the st.Lucy's church near that hill they have. this sighting was later at night id say 2:30 -3am .

I see them all the time. I live the first street south of the 7-11 on the water side. I have also seen them in the parking lot of Millers more than once. Every year there are tracks on the ice around the house. I wish there were more of them to eat all the damn rabbits living under my deck lol. I have a 140lb rottie so im not worried about my dog but the guy down the street as a rat dog that is constantly $hitting in my yard. Id be worried if I were him. I also see them quite a bit at Liberty park at 14 and mound. I umpire softball there and see one about once every 2 weeks or so running around the back of the diamonds.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Ford estate has fox on their property. My parents live on Jefferson by 11 mile and they have a red fox that has been coming around for 5 years now. I also saw one in my parking lot here at the store this past summer.

·
Registered
333 Posts
QUOTE(tcg @ Nov 19 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are foxes common in Michigan?

I live over by St. John's Marsh in St. Clair County and have seen a fox a few times. I have no idea if it's the same one or there are more than one running around.

Matt

Well, they are common enough for there to be a business for "Fox Control"!
http://www.vamoosevarmint.com/fox_control_removal.htm

Not until my father bought some land, got pastures, and horse barns did I realize how many critters are out there. He has coyotes ALL the time hanging around. Even things like weasles get inside the barn and eat the cats' food. Several times has he had foxes in his backyard less than 30' from the house.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Nov 19 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see them all the time. I live the first street south of the 7-11 on the water side. I have also seen them in the parking lot of Millers more than once. Every year there are tracks on the ice around the house. I wish there were more of them to eat all the damn rabbits living under my deck lol. I have a 140lb rottie so im not worried about my dog but the guy down the street as a rat dog that is constantly $hitting in my yard. Id be worried if I were him. I also see them quite a bit at Liberty park at 14 and mound. I umpire softball there and see one about once every 2 weeks or so running around the back of the diamonds.

Now if you need somebody to eat those wascally wabbits, just lemme know.
Mmm, tasty tasty bunnies

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Seen one going up the neighbors driveway with something in it's mouth aroung 5:30am. We live in the harper and 10 mile area

They have been alot of sightings in your area.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Beacon Cove has at least one that has moved into the marina this fall.
Lives behind the barn, probably under the stack of railraod ties.
Rally the horses, hounds and get out the red coats!

gt

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Thier are quite a few Fox that I have seen here in the Shores/Ville area.

When Fishing in the evening, I have seen a mother with two youngins' walking along the rock breakwall 1 canal south of the 11 mile road Canal.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I live between 12 and 13 off of harper and there are a couple at a school over here. me and my boys see them all the time when we are up there playing catch. I know there are at least two different ones, but there may be more.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(gradytom @ Nov 20 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Beacon Cove has at least one that has moved into the marina this fall.
Lives behind the barn, probably under the stack of railraod ties.
Rally the horses, hounds and get out the red coats!

gt
Andy told me there was a fox in the marina ... I was doubtful until I saw it one night late this past summer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts