Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eddie and I, perhaps Cyndi as well are going to start this in the next few weeks...

Learned at breakfast on Sunday that Pandora and Becky are on it~he lost 10lbs the first week...

anybody know anything about it, intersted in doing it? what if we had a small support group that started it together??

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Absolutely impossible!!!!!!!!!!!
That requires not drinking for the 1st week or 2........

I'm sure that is against my religious, moral and ethical beliefs.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
you can go on southbeachdiet.com and get some basic info and they also give you like the first 5 pages of the book. It looks like a great diet... you loose all your weight around the stomach

hmmm.......i may have a problem with the NO CARBS.. but i guess i just have to have will power,ay??

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
How does it work?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
A few people I work with have done it, and the results have been mixed. For the majority, it's been noticable though. No beer for Eddie for 2 weeks though... .... I don't know if that's healthy...

·
Registered
833 Posts
I need to do this, I am soooooo FAT!! J/K, Sandy's looking to start this diet. She has the menu and everything all set up, now she has to buy all the supplies. I have a feeling when she starts the diet, all my fruit pies and noodle dishes are going in the toilet, and I'll be eating this South Beach stuff as well. It appears to be a healthly eating habit, good luck to you guys! I'll get Sandy involved with this thread. Stay tuned.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Nov 18 2003, 11:18 AM)Eddie and I, perhaps Cyndi as well are going to start this in the next few weeks...

Learned at breakfast on Sunday that Pandora and Becky are on it~he lost 10lbs the first week...

anybody know anything about it, intersted in doing it? what if we had a small support group that started it together??
Ms. P, As if you need to loose weight!!!!!!

I am starting a diet right after Thanksgiving... Honest. haha

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I follow the diet, but modified some, I dont want to loose weight, just eat healthier. I don't restrict as many carbs. If anyone has q'a ask because I know this eating plan inside and out

and beer is the one thing that you should omit, or cut back on, red wine is ok in moderation.
When you are so strick for the first 2 weeks most of the weight you loose is water because you omit most carbs and the carbs are what the water holds on too. You will find that you will be peeing alot because of this
overall its a great way of eating

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amy:

I have yet to buy the book... so it may have this in it... but, being single and on the go... food on the run seems to be the easiest and cheapest route... any suggestions on how to revamp the approach towards healthier eating... how to put a menu plan together, how much it will cost, etc...???

·
12,052 Posts
I agree with you perfect fit. Pauline and Cyndi don't need a diet. That's rediculous!!

I would like to for the mid section part of it, but NO BEER????? Awe man, that would be a tough one. Captain Morgains ok?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Nov 18 2003, 11:49 AM)Amy:

I have yet to buy the book... so it may have this in it... but, being single and on the go... food on the run seems to be the easiest and cheapest route... any suggestions on how to revamp the approach towards healthier eating... how to put a menu plan together, how much it will cost, etc...???
Pauline,
the book has recepies, but most are time consuming if you in a hurry. I will just buy lean meats, chx, turkey exc...... and add a vegetable to it. I just watch my sugar intake, and stick to eating carbs once or twice a day. You can buy whole wheat pasta at the store and brown rice , ww bread, just make sure its whole wheat, that should be the first ingrediant on back.
As far as takeout, I get alot of chicken, boston chx, La Shish, but I dont eat the rice just veges. Once you are following this plan for 2 weeks then you SLOWLY incoorportate more carbs, the good clean kind like bread, cereal, all whole grain, and fiberous fruits.
The main thing is to just watch the type of carbs your eating and stay away from sugar. There are so many resturants that are offering low carb meals, but dont be fooled they still make most out of refined flour, and sugar. Stick to fresh not processed and your good to go.
I always say everything in moderation, if you want your sweets just limit it to 1 time a week or 2
that way you wont feel deprived

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
aaahhh.... thanks hammer, but you are wrong my friend.
Pauline and I have been on hiatus from the gym for sometime now... and it is showing

ummm..... Captain Morgans... that WOULD be tough to give up.. i could forgo the beer... i know how about morgans and diet???

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
QUOTE(manana-II @ Nov 18 2003, 12:46 PM)aaahhh.... thanks hammer, but you are wrong my friend.
Pauline and I have been on hiatus from the gym for sometime now... and it is showing

ummm..... Captain Morgans... that WOULD be tough to give up.. i could forgo the beer... i know how about morgans and diet???

lot of sugar in captins

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Just remember no diet is complete w/o EXERCISE
.......and hopefully you use the diet as a way of getting into a better eating lifestyle...Just the word "Diet" irritates me!! It's great to get initial pounds off but if you don't maintain a smart healthy way of eating why bother.........just my 02.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(manana-II @ Nov 18 2003, 12:46 PM)aaahhh.... thanks hammer, but you are wrong my friend.

Thanks Hammer....I tell her that all time. She is such a FREAK! Pauline too!!!!
Just be like me...eat drink and be merry

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Jewels, you are so right. I hate the word diet as well. Most people go on diets and deprive themselves of everything and hate every moment that they are on it. Of course they fall off the wagon and go back to there old ways and end up fatter than they were before. Eat well and excercise all the time and you'll look and feel great. Everything in moderation!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I can honestly never remember eating healthy in my life... wasn't raised that way and never took the investment of time nor money to eat that way; though I have always had exercise in my life~have too always gone through periods where I didn't exercise for months, such as now... but always get back into it...

ready for the healthy switch!!! Need the motivation!!!

thanks pf, hammer and tom! But, you gotta be a chick to understand the subtle (or not so subtle) body differences!!!!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts