Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there this is Cory Kovacs, I am the new creel clerk on the South Lake St. Clair route and am taking over for Jon Blakey on the fishing reports.

In Harrison township at Metro Beach Metro Park small amounts of perch are being caught between Metro Beach and the 400 hundred club (13 mile Rd.) Also at Metro Beach there are large numbers of bass being caught, both Largemouth and Smallmouth. Just to repeat that targeting bass is illegal and not until June 21st can they be targeted. No walleye reported as of Sunday May 11th.

From the 11mile rd. access down to Grosse Point Park (St. Clair Shores) there has been walleye caught at the dumping grounds by trolling and jigs. Walleye has also been reported off memorial park by drifting with crawler harnesses.

This is my report as of now further reports will come. Thank You Cory

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Cleyo Harris and I am the new creel clerk for the middle Lake St. Clair.

Fishing is slow for most, one boat caught 21 perch while still fishing down by the mile roads and another caught a chinook in anchor bay while trolling for walleye. Yet to see any walleye come in but have heard people say that they have done well down by the dumping grounds

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Thanks guys, it's a pleasure to have you all aboard! I'm sure I'll be seeing you at the ramp soon.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi, i havent posted much, work has got me working odd hours, My name is Dave Greif. i have been fishing from shore the last couple weeks between south river rd dnr launch and metro and a friends house. i have been doing fairly well as far as shore fishing goes. tons of bullheads, big flat head catfish, carp (just for the fight) mixed bags of perch( from 7-11 inches), bluegill and sunfish(app. hand sized) and of course, the ever there, SHEEPHEAD!
i am fishing in 2 feet of water right by the seawall.
i usually bring home about 5-10 perch, and 10-15 sunfish for a day, and an occasional cat.
also, the silver bass seem to be in there in great force, and provide i nice little fight on beetlespins
hope this helped some of ya out, take the kids out this coming weekend and do some relaxin shore fishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.